Print Thread
Rate Thread
R
Ronald Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
R
the timing cover I have is pushed in at crank shaft seal does anyone have a good cover or can someone repair this one also who rebuilds the rocker arm assembly chrome plate the shaft and bush the rocker arms??? I have rebuilt the heads with 1.94 intake valves and installed hardened exhaust seats and used 1.50 valves the block looks like it had less then 5000 miles standard pistons and no noticeable wear in cylinders I may just re-ring the pistons with moly rings and re balance the crank with new barrings and ARP SS rod end studs and use ARP SS main cap studs looking for 4 brl intake Clifford performance has on is there any others ???

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
If the cylinders weren't finish honed for moly rings, then you can experience problems by installing them now. I think Egge used to rebuild rocker shaft setups and replace rocker arm bushings. You will have to recondition the rods if you intend on replacing the rod bolts. Installing main studs typically requires the block to be align honed, but since you can't align hone a GMC block, you need to check and make sure it doesn't eggshape or close up the housing bores too much or it will have to be line bored.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Not sure about the military GMCs but the timing covers on the civilian models are the same as the 235 and 261 Chevy maybe the 216 as well. There are usually several on ebay some are chrome.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
D
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
D
I am converting/rebuilding a military 302engine as well; to use in my 58GMC truck. I read that the 235 timing cover would work.

Danny # 6271
1958 GMC 302 3spd MANUAL OD
1960 Bel Air w 235 w 3spd MANUAL OD
1952 Henry J

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available