Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
ACH57 Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
A
I've got a small coolant leak up high on the front of the engine-not running. It's dripping down and coming off the alternator bracket. I've been looking for information on what manifold or head bolts need to have sealer and can't find any. I know the front manifold bolt hole goes into the adjacent head bolt hole so I put sealer on that. Does that head bolt need sealer too? Any others?

I guess it could be a head gasket but it's on a fresh rebuild with zero miles and all new gaskets and brass freeze plugs. The engine builder is coming over tonight to help me start it for the first time so I want to make sure it's ready. Thanks

G
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
G
Could be at the water pump and traveling down there. I didn't use sealant on the manifold bolts.

Other thing it might be is the water temp sensor port located between cylinders 2 and 3 (if I recall) above the intake/exhaust manifold.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Not sure which engine you have. The 250 and 292 need sealant on all the head bolts. I like to use Ultra Black RTV on those.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

A
ACH57 Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
A
It's a 250. I got it sealed up with a little ultra black on a manifold bolt. The engine fired up on the first revolution of the starter.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available