Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
 Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585
 Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
That will be a good thing. Put me on the list.

I think your already on the list. Tom will be in charge of distribution.

Evidently I'm on a lot of lists. Getting on good ones seems to be a problem.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
I
Contributor
Contributor
I
CNC Dude that sounds really close to being able to buy to me. Beater instead of being on a list I just make lists and then lose them. Jay 6155

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
It really is, just waiting on Tom to collate the data in an order he wants it flow in so I can configure it into a ready to print format for the printer.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
 Originally Posted By: intergrated j 78
CNC Dude that reminds me to get the first stovebolt book from you also. The one with the 56 Chevy on the cover. Will you be kind enough to let us know when they can be had? Any rough idea? Thanks Jay 6155

Jay, im just polishing up a few last minute details with the cover design and some final pics for the Stovebolt book. I already have my first book published and in my hands about a month ago, so im ready to start cranking out more and more, as the demand has never been higher for them than now.

Yummy new book to digest. Where will it be available?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Tom will be the distributor of this dyno testing book, while I will be the publisher and distributor of my performance series of books.

Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Tom will be the distributor of this dyno testing book, while I will be the publisher and distributor of my performance series of books.

So they will be directly distributed from your websites?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
When the book is done. It will be available on my website. Just need to get the info compiled and sent to Scott.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
Quick update: the gentleman I bought the 194 head from on ebay (Mr HotRod) was kind enough to give me a call and discuss all things Inline 6; learned alot! Was pretty awesome hearing stories about the some of the smart dudes, past and present, and their part in making this a pretty cool little community. Just wanted to publicly thank him even though he doesn't blog, thank you sir!!

Still haven't made it home to do anymore work on the project truck, Navy is a busy place nowadays!!

Last edited by moregrip; 03/06/14 12:06 AM.
M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
moregrip,

if you could possibly post some pics of your 194 cyl head.

What all was done to your cyl head?
Thank you

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
 Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
moregrip,

if you could possibly post some pics of your 194 cyl head.

What all was done to your cyl head?
Thank you

MBHD

Hank,

As soon as I get home I will post some pics. I'm down in San Diego for a few more weeks and then I should (fingers crossed) have a chance to head back home to the Valley and hopefully make some progress on the project truck. I believe the head was checked for cracks, cleaned, new frost plugs installed, surfaced on both the cylinder head side and the intake/exhaust side. I haven't even unwrapped it from shipping yet. The plan is to take the head and pics of the procedures I'd like performed to my buddy Richard @ WCCH in Reseda.

Last edited by moregrip; 03/06/14 12:48 AM.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
He usually sells his heads with all the cleaning and checking done to them like, magnafluxing, pressure testing, etc...Just gets them prepared to go to the next step by the buyer.

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Moregrip,

Sounds good.
You could give the head to Richard, but most likely Dave is the one going to do the work. ;\)

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
 Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
Moregrip,

Sounds good.
You could give the head to Richard, but most likely Dave is the one going to do the work. ;\)

MBHD

LOL, probably so.
I built my last hot rod motor there (2005) with Rex, Richard, and company! Was quite the thrash! Great bunch of dudes!

Last edited by moregrip; 03/06/14 10:34 PM.
M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
heading home this weekend!!! woot woot!! will get those pics and measurements for sure!

M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
Update:

All stop! Currently work has taken over all my spare time as well as the foreseeable near future. Hopefully I'll get some time to start working on her again towards the end of summer. fingers crossed!

On a positive note,............that gives me a chance to purchase a few additional goodies for the build \:\)

Last edited by moregrip; 05/11/14 03:14 PM.
M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
ok folks I'm back at it!

It only took me 3 years, a military retirement, a move to another state, and a new project truck to get me back to this point!

Loooong story!

I'm still as passionate as I was to build a nice 250 inline 6!

Only problem is now I'm on the hunt for a solid short block! Unfortunately that didn't make it in the move......

Good to be back!

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Is your intentions on the build the same as they were originally or have they changed any?

Major Contributor
Major Contributor
There's a wrecking yard up the way from me with a running 250 in an '84 truck. IntegratedJay was interested in the Varajet head and exhaust. Northern Illinois area. I gotta check what they wanted to pull it.

M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
Is your intentions on the build the same as they were originally or have they changed any?

I still have all the parts new in boxes so most likely, yes, same idea, are you referencing the head?

Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Looked it back up again. The boneyard wants $300 (plus tax) for the running '84 truck 250. IntegratedJay said he wanted the Varajet head and exhaust for it, but didn't suggest how much of the $300 he would cover. It's in northern Illinois and you are in southern Nevada, and I have no travel plans to the west in the future. PM if interested.

M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
Originally Posted By: Lifeguard
Looked it back up again. The boneyard wants $300 (plus tax) for the running '84 truck 250. IntegratedJay said he wanted the Varajet head and exhaust for it, but didn't suggest how much of the $300 he would cover. It's in northern Illinois and you are in southern Nevada, and I have no travel plans to the west in the future. PM if interested.

Man! sure wish I was closer! That's a 24hr drive!

Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Indeed. I have a brother in Ohio I can send the head with to IntegratedJay, but I don't know anyone traveling that way with a truck or trailer. If we can find someone going that way, it makes it possible. I'm also assuming it's still in the boneyard, it was there a month ago and I was the only one who asked on it.

M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
Indeed. I have a brother in Ohio I can send the head with to IntegratedJay, but I don't know anyone traveling that way with a truck or trailer. If we can find someone going that way, it makes it possible. I'm also assuming it's still in the boneyard, it was there a month ago and I was the only one who asked on it.

that would certainly work and I thank you for being so helpful. Please let me know if this becomes a possibility.

Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Originally Posted By: moregrip

that would certainly work and I thank you for being so helpful. Please let me know if this becomes a possibility.

Same for you if something pops up for you. I would buy it and hold onto it, but I am in a financial slump at this point until my next windfall.

Contributor
Contributor
Ive got a 250 short block which i pulled out the crank (have the 230 crank). About 1975. Rusty, the cylinders have some minor corrosion, stock pistons. Ive got pictures somewhere.

You can have it, but I'm in Washington state.

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250
M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
Thanks guys! Just got back from a family vacation and found my 250 shortblock attached to a chevy C10 truck I bought on the drive home!

Here is a pic of the engine bay. 250 inline 6 with 83k original miles; someone had removed the cylinder head previously to me purchasing it and went ahead and knocked a hole in the piston while removing it otherwise this would have been a ready to run motor. Luckily I saved my old non integrated inline 6 head from my old truck build.

Last edited by moregrip; 07/06/17 09:16 PM.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I'm curious as to how somebody could have punctured the piston during a head removal? Could be the potential buyer got mad at the potential seller for not coming to terms on the cost?

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
1000 Post Club
Online Content
1000 Post Club
Originally Posted By: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
I'm curious as to how somebody could have punctured the piston during a head removal?

Perhaps you've never seen "Handyman Corner" on the Red Green show . . .

Between unconventional techniques and ham-fisted execution I could see Red managing to punch hole during head removal . . .

Heck he pulls engines to perform an oil change

M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
I honestly have no idea, I was told it was a hammer blow but who really knows. onward!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 161 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available