Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
tom c Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
T
All my past hands on (45+ years) has been with Chevy sixes. Now I'm disabled and now longer to work more than a few hours a day, some days hardly any, I'm thinking about taking on a Jeep project. The one I'm looking at now is a '77 CJ5 Levis edition with a decent body and a 258 six with a three speed stick. The engine has an Offenhauser aluminum intake manifold and has headers. Internally it is stock, as far as I know. The seller says it is running only on 5 cylinders. # 2 cylinder has 20# of compression. The engine has "good" oil pressure and makes no unusual noises. If the seller and I can agree on a price I will undertake this project. I'm hoping for a valve/head related fix but we will see.

Last edited by tom c; 12/14/18 12:22 AM.
I
Contributor
Contributor
I
Cool. Love to see AMC projects. I admit that I don’t know much about them. Will a later 4.0 head fit? Jay

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I'd like to see what you do with it. I've owned a couple of Cherokees and grand Cherokees with the 4.0 sixes. I really like that engine. 258s are good too.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
T
tom c Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
T
That project won't happen. The Craigslist "seller" decided to keep his Jeep. Good, I really wanted a four cylinder F-head Jeep anyway. I'll keep looking.

Last edited by tom c; 12/27/18 02:16 AM.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available