Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
Dongray Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
I have an opportunity to obtain triple side draft 45 DCOE webers that I would like to install on a 292 but would like some advice/information on the combination. I am head over heels with the way the look but would really like to know just how much they impact performance and if they are temperamental in regards to adjusting. Also, what would be a fair price for a setup in decent shape that includes the intake manifold but no linkage.

Thanks in advance!
Dongray

P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
Were they successfully used on a 292 already? If not, do you have the internal jetting data (venturi, aux venturi, emulsion tube, main jet, air corrector, idle jet, pump jet, pump spill, needle valve, etc.)?
Very expensive to "tune in".

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
One of our local members runs 3 Webers on a 292 in a Chrysler roadster. Before that he ran the engine in a flatbed truck. A new set up would be around $1,000. Used? Who knows? It depends on what you want and how much you would have to do to them. They sure look cool!
Try some searches on this site. This has bee discussed here before.

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 03/02/19 03:33 PM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
D
Dongray Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
Originally Posted By: panic
Were they successfully used on a 292 already? If not, do you have the internal jetting data (venturi, aux venturi, emulsion tube, main jet, air corrector, idle jet, pump jet, pump spill, needle valve, etc.)?
Very expensive to "tune in".

Panic, they were intended for a 292 but the build was never started. I would probably assume they were in need of rebuilding. I have seen rebuild kits and the price didnt seem that bad.

D
Dongray Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
Beater, most of the new ones I have seen were 5-6 hundred per carb. If you could find me a link to something less expensive I would appreciate it. I was thinking a grand for three carbs and a manifold wasnt too bad.

W
Contributor
Contributor
W
3-45DCOE carbs are sized for approximately 300 cu.in. I was lucky in that the guy I had set mine up was a Weber "dealer" and he exchanged the necessary parts. I haven't touched them in 8 years.

Will Willis

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
CNC Dude from this site makes a manifold. See what 12Bolt Tom has I think he got a lot of Tom Langdon's stuff. Clifford used to see a Weber setup for around a grand but that was a while back.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
3-45DCOE carbs are sized for approximately 300 cu.in

The throttle discs or the venturis?

W
Contributor
Contributor
W
I am assuming that was for all out racing. Mine worked fine, but later we put in 38 mm? venturies for better throttle response.

Will Willis

P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
There are many sites with (potentially!) useful information on start-up (never final) jetting choices for specific engines by brand and size.
I've seen a lot of time and money spent trying to get a set of DCOE to work on the street using incorrect/unknown/adapted carburetors, the ones that worked were bought as an expensive kit (now $2,000 complete).
One failing, IMHO, is the lack of a "power" (or economy) circuit, there is no provision for lean cruising mixture under high vacuum.
I researched a 235 stovebolt engine on a few sites and deduced these numbers (never tried them). Note that both engine size, breathing and RPM are all different from a Gen-3 292.

Throat size: 45mm
Venturi: 38mm
Main jet: 160
Air correction: 165
Emulsion tube: F2 (possible F9)
Idle: 60F9

You may find the equivalent Dell'Orto DHLA and Mikuni PHH cheaper but without the benefit of extensive use.

D
Dongray Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
I was looking on the clifford site and did see a setup that was dual Weber 38/38 DGAS Carbs that was impressive looking, they boast that it adds, "120% Torque & Horse Power & 10 MPG better than stock." Show me the data to support that claim and I might just drop that much cash for it.....it is good lookin though.

P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
"120% Torque & Horse Power & 10 MPG better than stock."
It's fictional, nothing short of a blower does that.

D
Dongray Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
Will, can you tell me how you are running your triple webers? Are they for racing or weekend driving...? They sound like they are fairly stable if you have been running them with minimal issues for 8 years....Still sounds like it could be quite the challenge for newbies like myself.

P
Contributor
Contributor
P
it seems that with the passing of Jack Clifford, that Clifford's only concern is to get as much of your money as possible by saying whatever it takes to get it.

W
Contributor
Contributor
W
Dongray - Sorry I didn't get back sooner.I have about 50K miles on them in my street rod.

Will Willis

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available