Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
C
Hello,

I'm working on a Father / Son project with my boy. We rounded up an old 292 that we're rebuilding. The block has been to the machine shop and back, and we've assembled the short block.
We're now working on the cylinder head. We've removed the intake port bolt bosses in preparation for a bolt in lump kit, and its almost ready for the machine shop.
My question: Can I use aftermarket BBC screw-in rocker arm studs?

I have a set of ARP High Performance Series Rocker Arm Studs for a BBC (ordered for a different project, but did not use them) and I'd like to save a few bucks and use them if I can.

I imagine if there is enough material left after the threads are cut then I should be fine, but I'm wondering if they might be too long and require a tall valve cover.

We have a high lift cam going in (comp 280h .536" lift), so we'll likely require some type of aftermarket stud.

Input from the group is appreciated.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
BBC stud will work. You will find the need to shorten the stud boss further than if you were working on a SBC. I cut the .475 down and thread. Do not forget to chamfer the holes. Otherwise you can crack a boss.
I use BBC stud for use with girdle. They are in stock in my store. www.12bolt.com/store

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

C
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
C
Hi Tom,

I sent you an email last week. Not sure if you've seen it yet, or if it went to your junk folder, but I provide quite a bit more detail on the build and the direction we want to go.

I'd like to buy your 194 valve kit. With this cam am I going to need the .100 longer ones?

I'm interested in one of your PES intakes and a PES lump kit.

Thanks.

Last edited by crazyjeenyus; 06/25/19 06:59 PM.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available