Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
J
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
J
just finished installing Clifford intake, dual 38/38 weber's and Clifford headers on my 292. threw on some smithy mufflers while I was at it. this replaced my offy with twin 32/36 weber's, Langdon cast manifolds/headers and a cobbed together exhaust with the smallest oval mufflers available. the Clifford set up is a huge improvement! the old combo worked good and no big complaints, just wasn't enough. wouldn't hesitate to use it on a stock 292 or warmed over 230/250 but Clifford is the clear winner for performance oriented 292. my 292 is bored .040 over, propane 9:1 pistons, decked block and head for 9.5:1 +/-, 194 valves and Clifford 264 cam. taken from box to engine, an honest 50% increase in power and I haven't touched the distributor or jets yet. I bit pricy at almost 2 grand but well worth it! was on the fence 2 years thinking it was more hype than horsepower and was considering a bigger cam and more compression before this. cam is staying, head will eventually come off for lumps and probably shave some more off while it is off. not in a hurry as it is plenty fast as it is.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Was it just a intake carb swap at this time for the improvement?

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

J
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
J
intake, carbs and headers. the lumps you sent me are still setting on the work bench. not sure how much was from each or the combination just working well with each other. I had long tube headers a few years back and switched to langdons (headers hung too low). there was a slight loss giving up the headers but wasn't much. Clifford claimed just those parts would add 100% over what I had and 120% over stock. maybe? no dyno or track times but it made a huge difference, more than I expected. this was all squeezed in between front seats of a '64 chevy van so my intake/carb options are limited. a few pics here: http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/31675-clifford-intake-in-a-first-gen

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available