1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
No it wasn't the only down fall that will show up in a short time is the timing gear will come off. Because it was never heat then installed. They just pressed it on. From what it showed. I have seen that happen way to many times.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That is great. That would tear my old flatbed apart!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
R
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
R
Not that I'm an expert but they showed little knowledge regarding inlines. Yes the press on was one issue but they had an engine that was built up compared to stock standards and they were freaking out about boost and never mentioned during the dyno about the fact that, unlike V8s each rod had its own journal or how low the static compression was, nor did they even check to see during the rebuild, or that the engine has a reputation of the bottom ends being reliable and durable. Then the whole thing with dividing the cylinders by 6 and multiplying by 8 and not taking any other engine characteristics into consideration, to me, seemed like comparing apples to some other fruit.

But it was fun to watch since they have only had a few inline builds and this was the 1st perf build I've seen. I like the way they set the turbo up. Though I am curious how the exhaust will effect the long term oil temp/viscosity since it runs right out the valves and under the pan. It also showed there is hope for my inlines to make more than 1HP/Sq in. I know it can be done...I just haven't done it yet.

Regards,
Rick

Inliners #6543
M
Contributor
Contributor
M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7rCGda4Ab8
!000 HP 36 Chevy pickup with inline 292. Runs 8.50 on leaf springs.

B
Contributor
Contributor
B
What SOME people don't realize is that the type of spring has little to do with handling. How the spring is mounted and how it is controlled is what counts. The biggest drawbacks to leaf springs are weight and the space it takes to use them!!

Heck!! Even the old transverse leaf spring took on a whole new life under the Corvette over the last forty years!! With the advent of plastic springs and other technologies, that "stupid" leaf spring recently won class in the 24 hours of Le Manns and won several manufacturers championships!!

That spring has no idea what its shape is!! It just holds the vehicle up!!!

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I still run mono leaf springs in my 64 Pro Street chevyII fully tubbed and a 8point. and I don't find it to be a draw back of any kind. Heck I even have a 2seater between the tubs. And the rear rails are 29&1/4 apart. With 18gal fuel ceil.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Originally Posted By: Blackwater
What SOME people don't realize is that the type of spring has little to do with handling. How the spring is mounted and how it is controlled is what counts. The biggest drawbacks to leaf springs are weight and the space it takes to use them!!

Heck!! Even the old transverse leaf spring took on a whole new life under the Corvette over the last forty years!! With the advent of plastic springs and other technologies, that "stupid" leaf spring recently won class in the 24 hours of Le Manns and won several manufacturers championships!!
Ditto

That spring has no idea what its shape is!! It just holds the vehicle up!!!

G
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
G
Definitely fun to watch... i also thought about them pressing the gear on. I know the preferred method is the heated install method, but how did the factory do it?

Graham M. Inilner #6168

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available