Rate Thread
#97162 06/09/20 02:09 PM
D
Dongray Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
Does someone know where I can find a manual or some documentation that shows how the 292 was configured with alternator, PS pump, air conditioning for a late model Mexican block? Parts list for brackets and other items would be nice as well. I don't know what the engine came out of but I assume that they changed the placement of the parts through the years.

Thank you

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
I went with elecric P/S and electric A/C compressor with remote condenser and electric fan. Really cleans up the engine bay.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Have you looked at the brackets from Davis Speed Equipment? Click their logo on this page.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
D
Dongray Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
Originally Posted By: mick53
I went with elecric P/S and electric A/C compressor with remote condenser and electric fan. Really cleans up the engine bay.

Hey Mick, Would you mind telling me who manufactured the parts used and perhaps a picture or two of the engine bay?

Thanks,
Eric

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Still a work in progress. My P/S is EPAS. It's the same kit as the C-2 corvette. This goes in my Chevy 53 1/2 ton. You simply cut a few inches out of the column and it installs inline. It torques off the outside of the column so no brackets. It's about the size of a beer can and can be clocked up under the dash. Brothers has a video of the install. It has adjustable gain and I plan on using the throttle knob for the gain switch. I'm using Old Air inside kit for the A/C. The compressor and condenser is Rencool from Australia. I got it from Street F/X. It's self contained and uses the return gasses to cool it. About the size of a mason jar. You just hook up the trigger wire like any compressor. It's 5000 BTU. That's the same as my sailboat A/C with a much bigger cabin but less than engine driven units so some insulating will be required. The condenser is about 14" square with a spal fan and is designed to mount flat. Both work without the engine running. The A/C pulls a lot of power so an upgrade is required for the alternator. I have a lot of stuff to power so I went with a Mechman 250 amp. It charges 180 amp at 800 rpm. Street F/X has a nice video on the A/C.

Last edited by mick53; 06/11/20 01:01 PM.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 445 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available