Rate Thread
#97922 01/28/21 08:24 AM
D
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
I'm back.

I just procured my TBI set up for my project, complete with attached truck lol.

The stock manifold does not really work the best with the TBI. I would like to upgrade, my preference would be the dual carb Offy with dual 1bbl TBI's. Looking around, it's $400 and delivery date is 'maybe September'!!!

Looking for Clifford or Offy 4bbl, again cost about $400 and delivery dates 'TBD'.

Actually looked at Marshall's FI manifold, would skip TBI and go Megasquirt. Website is closed down.

Noticed that there are a few Aussiespeed manifolds available, same price point but ships today. Anyone have experience with these on a street motor? Currently have both a 250 w/307 pistons and mild cam, and a stock 292. Will use a 305 TBI w/4.3 ECM (adding 4L60E).

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Mine are still available. Got another batch of the EFI intakes coming!

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
D
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
And wouldn't you know.... up pops a heated Clifford on FB market. Nabbed it for under $200. Now to make a TBI plate. Any guesses, should the holds just be bored straight or tapered?

Next a SPA T4 manifold, run with just exhaust until I can afford a turbo and plumbing.

Been working on this thing 10 years, at some point I'll get it together.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That was a good deal!

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Deals are always out there if you have time to find them. I'm glad you found it when you needed it! I'm still looking for the guy with the 12 port GMC head looking for scrap aluminum price. It's out there! laugh

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Originally Posted By: D13again
... Any guesses, should the holds just be bored straight or tapered?...

I would bore the holes, turn the pate upside down, and radius the edge with a radius router bit or with a milling machine.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I bought a TBI plate that bolts a GM TBI to a 4 bbl carb pattern. I had to cut the center out of my Clifford manifold.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
D
Newcomer
Newcomer
D
I'd still like to hear any input on the Aussiespeed intake manifold.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
It will work better then either the offey or the clifford.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Originally Posted By: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
Originally Posted By: D13again
... Any guesses, should the holds just be bored straight or tapered?...

I would bore the holes, turn the pate upside down, and radius the edge with a radius router bit or with a milling machine.

I used to make billet Stromberg 2bbl carb spacers years ago and had them featured several times in some magazines. One was a dyno test on an early Chrysler Hemi that used 4 of them on a 4 x 2 intake. They did before and after tests with and without my spacers and saw a 20 HP increase with them, or 5 HP per spacer basically. I radiused both the top and bottom edge of the throttle bores on each spacer and it does make a difference. I also made a 60MM spacer for a sheetmetal intake for a friend of mine years ago also that I radiused both sides of the bore. He asked why, so I made another one that was not radiused and sharp on both sides. We took both of them to another friend that has a flowbench and asked him to compare the flow on both of them. The radiused one flowed 125 CFM more than the unradiused one. Both were the same bore size to within 1/2 a thousandth, and the spacers were the same thickness to within that same amount as well. Radii make a huge difference..... That's why many cylinder head race teams use radius seat cutters for valve jobs instead of angled seat cutters now....

I say now, but they have been doing it for more than 20 years now!

E
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
E
any body tried 3 two barrel carb Offenhauser tri one barrel intake with two inch spacers "adapters" from 3 bolt to 4 bolt

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I have seen on many other motors but I never ran one. Other then the 3x4 I built for my motors. Getting the carbs over the intake ports I feel work better to start with as I have seen. I have ran Both the offey and clifford single carb set-ups The dual clifford worked better then either single but my 3x4 ran better then the others. And the track showed me the prof of that.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I would also like to add That this why the Webbers work so well because they are right in line with the Ports, Yes for some or many they are heard to keep tuned. This is also the reason I think the dual intakes work better then most single Because the carbs are better divided on the intake. Just some of my 2 cents.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 420 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available