Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Blackwater #97916 01/26/21 02:21 PM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Owner/user built pieces are the coolest part of hot rodding. There are many parts that most of us can not create but when we can, especially if there is no after market alternative, "home made" is always interesting. There used to be a lot more out there for these little 4s but a lot of that has dried up. Some of the guys here are trying to supply us but we are not a large market and they can't do it for free. You have done a good job here of filling your own needs.
The pictures really help. The fact that they were posted for you by a guy that sells a cover that would probably have worked for you is a great thing about this site.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Blackwater #97918 01/26/21 11:43 PM
B
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
B
Got the completed piece back from the welding shop yesterday evening. I spent about an hour this morning cleaning up a few welds, but all in all it looks like it'll work well.

Tomorrow, I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and the big monthly grocery run to make. After that, I plan to drill and tap the holes I had welded up for studs to hold the SBC cover. Maybe a little more sanding and a good coat of wrinkle finish black paint and I'm another step toward getting it all together.

A partner dropped off a ring gap file for me to use. Mine took a hike when the trailer we used to haul the race cars was stolen several years ago!! Hard to believe that I haven't really built an engine for my self in going on twenty years!!

AND! Thanks again, Tom!!

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary
Blackwater #97927 02/02/21 01:19 PM
B
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
B
The doctor visit was all good news!! The issue with a toe has begun to heal nicely and the doc was pleased. I don't have to go back for a couple of weeks.

Anyhow!! I got back into the shop three days ago for the first time in almost a week! I finished cleaning up the adapter and then had to make a trip over to the old shop to run some new air lines. That shot the rest of the day and part of another.

Finally got back to the adapter yesterday and finished it up. A final fit and check everything, drill, tap, and install studs and painted it!! It's on the shelf and I'm moving on to other little jobs I need to do before I do the final assembly.

Blackwater #97928 02/02/21 01:48 PM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Good news from a doctor always makes life better! Progress on a project makes life more fun. I'm interested in seeing the finished valve cover.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Blackwater #97930 02/02/21 07:44 PM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
No pun but glad to hear your back on your feet.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
B
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
B
Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Good news from a doctor always makes life better! Progress on a project makes life more fun. I'm interested in seeing the finished valve cover.

I got some pics of the finished product. I'm gonna' send 'em to Larry and maybe he or Tom can put 'em up!! I'm having issues with my confuser and e-mailing photos isn't a problem, but posting them to this forum isn't working right now.

When my rich uncle gets outta' the poor house, I'm gonna' have the computer looked at and some upgrades done. I'm not at all happy with my browser!!

Last edited by Blackwater; 02/03/21 10:11 AM.

Blackwater #98014 02/24/21 05:06 PM
B
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
B
Having my confuser updated!!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available