Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but this is such a useful tool for working on old cars and trucks, it seems there's always something old and rusty that needs to be cut off. I think it's a pretty good deal, especially if you have m18 cordless tools already.

Normally $308, the sale is 42% off ($129 discount) leaving it at $179. This is the newer brushless angle grinder, and it comes with a 5.0Ah battery which would cost over $100 itself. There is no charger, so you need to have one.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M1...-1850/317084031

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I have one of those and MANY other Milwaukee 18v tools. Friends have had some battery powered tools thatbhave worked for them over the years. I got some miss matched tools and pretty much gave up on them. My son turned me on to Milwaukee 18v tools and I am sold! I won't even go into the list but I will say a couple of grand later I haven't met a Milwaukee 18v I don't like. I make my own power so why not charge batteries?

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
I have one of those and MANY other Milwaukee 18v tools. Friends have had some battery powered tools thatbhave worked for them over the years. I got some miss matched tools and pretty much gave up on them. My son turned me on to Milwaukee 18v tools and I am sold! I won't even go into the list but I will say a couple of grand later I haven't met a Milwaukee 18v I don't like. I make my own power so why not charge batteries?

I had a Hitachi Hammer Drill / Driver that I've really liked, but was torn if I would go with Metabo (bought Hitachi) or pick something more common...Metabo is also my favorite corded angle grinder, but the cordless sells at a Premium. They also don't offer near the amount of accessories that the Milwaukee does.

The 1/2" impact sold me, they even make a 3/4" and a whopping 1", but this 1/2" is a pretty decent size, and it provides 1400 ft.lbs. of torque. There are some accessories I'd like to get, the string trimmer would be handy, as an example. I'll see how the impact wrench works on those axle bolts today... wink

This is a pretty good deal as the battery itself is worth over $100 if you go to buy it. I'm looking forward to having a cordless angle grinder. I have one 4-1/2" Milwaukee corded grinder, and 2 x Metabo corded angle grinders (4-1/2" and 6"). That 6" Metabo is really handy for cutting metal tubing and pretty much anything up to about 2-1/2".

EDIT: that 1/2" impact worked a treat on the axle, but the cylinders are wanting to be stubborn on the star adjuster so I sprayed with pb blaster while I fire up the 'que for my kids who's coming over.

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 08/08/21 09:18 PM. Reason: I think I'm in love with my 1/2" impact

TT
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Just bringing a full power tool to the job where ever it is on the place without dragging a cord or mixing fuel is great. I get more done. The 1/2" impact will break 1/2" bolts. The chain saw is as powerful as comparable size gas saws, hedge trimmer better than my corded one. The line trimmer works well but not as well balanced as I'd like.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Do you think the strap would help the string trimmer? I have a strap on my old Husqvarna, but looking for something that will feed the line better. I really like the 1/2" impact, and they also have a 3/4" and a 1" impact as well. I have a bunch of 1/2" impact sockets both SAE and Metric, and the power is not that much more on the 3/4" or 1". I think the 1" is 1800 ft.lbs. The 3/4" was a tad less power when I looked, so that was out completely as it had less power and would require 3/4" sockets, or use an adapter always...kinda dumb.

Looking forward to this angle grinder, they come in handy working on these old rusted trucks like mine, where something needs to be cut off.

TT

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available