Print Thread
Rate Thread
#99135 01/06/22 12:15 AM
B
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
B
Had a fun year driving the 292 after the cam bearing issue was fixed - more on that can be read here https://www.inliners.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...94972#Post94972

Then decided to rip it apart and add the turbo. If anyone is interested in the details, I put a detailed account, with photos, of the install here (turbo stuff starts at entry #25)
https://www.stevesnovasite.com/threads/2...-2#post-5953431

Would be happy to hear any feedback or constructive criticism on the setup since I just got it running again and won’t be driving it until spring. Hope you are all well and keeping things “straight.”

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
BaroneDog

Who's control arms are you using on your ride?

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
D
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
D
Thank you for posting this. i was looking at the Aussiespeed manifold to se if it would clear the SPA turbo set up and the answer is no. I think if you mounted the turbo direct to the manifold it would have even more fitment issues. So it looks like to get a better intake fit the flange needs to be milled at an angle or an angled adapter fabricated.

How do you like the FITech injection? I've heard they can have fuel distribution problems on the L6. I would think that it would want to overfuel a 250.

B
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
B
Church Boys Racing front upper and lower control arms as well as rack and pinion. Ride Tech 4 link in rear with air shocks in all 4 corners. Handles pretty well.

B
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
B
I think you could get it to work with a direct turbo mount if you were willing to shave a little material off the top flange of the SPA manifold like I did. I don’t think the turbo itself would have caused further problems. I can look through my photos to try and give you a better idea about this if you want. I just did not have space due to the shock tower.

The FiTech setup worked OK when I was cruising it around before the turbo. There was some hesitation when the throttle was hammered but never bothered to diagnose it knowing that I was going to later do the turbo and other changes. In the Spring I will be dialing this in and paying closer attention to such issues and trying to resolve them, so I can provide more info then.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Thank you BaroneDog

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
B
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
B
Looking for opinions on blowoff valve mounting location. Posted a few pics here:

https://www.stevesnovasite.com/threads/2...-2#post-5954234

Thanks.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available