Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Originally Posted by tlowe #1716
I am sure you are correct about someone could be more efficient.With packaging and shipping. No sure where any profits would fit into that equation with a specialty company like mine.
I was just thinking that you could have someone do all of that for you, so you wouldn't even need to do much other than click a button, if that is needed. You're more than welcome to continue doing as you have described, just that it could be easier.

I think there's a lot that can be done to make things easier, certainly in regard to merch.

@stock49 I see we didn't get the PHP upgraded to the lastest, that is something that should be done. In short we are only partially upgraded, we have UBB Threads upgraded but NOT PHP which is still back on 5.5.22 and I *think* PHP is up to 7.4 on Ubuntu and 7.2.24 on RHEL 8.5. Should make a point to upgrade that PHP to the latest available for the version of Linux being used for the forums.

I also noticed this coming back from the forums site:

<html>
<head>
<TITLE> Inliners International devoted to all Inline powered vehicles</title>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL='http://inlinersinternational.org'" />
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 12.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<META NAME="distribution" CONTENT="global">
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="Inliners International is a car club devoted to all inline engines. Form show to go! GM - Ford - Mopar">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Inliner, inliner, Inliners, Inliners International, classic cars, classic trucks, car clubs, inline 6 cylinder, inline six cylinder, Inline, engine, 6 cylinder, flat
head, Stovebolt, stovebolt, race, drag race, 230, 250, 292, 302, 302 GMC, Chevrolet, Chevy, truck, car, Ford, MOPAR, tech, 6, 4, club, Olds, Buick, race, drag, car shows, design, web site
design, graphics, classifieds, Auto Classifieds">
</head>

Anything Microsoft attached to a website is a red flag of bad things to come, my $0.02. whistle

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup
Contributor
Contributor
I haven't been on in a little while and I see we now have new software and can post pics. That is a great upgrade indeed. Thanks for bringing that to fruition. It was one of my peeves about the site when I signed up. I remember when stovebolt required a photo website to be used. I refuse to upload my photos online just to link them to a thread I am in. I much prefer attaching them using the server of the site. I am glad we have that capability now. I hope Inliners can get more member traffic now, this forum is typically very quiet.

292 1966; 3962084 T6G2 Lumped 250 Head 1.94/1.60 gasket matched, mildly ported. LOWEBOY
1 member likes this: Beater of the Pack
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Keith now that it is so easy to post pictures they seem to take over. laugh When you click on the "Active Thread" button along with the link to the thread all of the recent pictures in all active threads open. For me at least it makes looking for a thread more difficult having to view all of the pictures that are not in the thread I'm looking for. Is there a way that the pictures would not open until a specific thread is chosen? It seem that would clean up the page and make the active thread search easier. What do you think?

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
stock49 Online Content OP
1000 Post Club
OP Online Content
1000 Post Club
The behavior of the Active Threads page is all hard coded - there are no settings in the control panel for the page. The landing behavior shows all threads active within 7 days. It can reduced by choosing the "Since Yesterday" or "Today" or "This week" (since Sunday) restriction buttons.

Personally I like the media embedded in Active Threads listing. Videos can even be watched right from there.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Thanks, My only problem is until someone responds to a thread with lots of pictures it can take a while to scroll through to find a particular thread.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Beater,
Are you able to take a pic of the problem you are seeing?
I am not sure what your trying to point out.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
When I click on "Active Threads" And begin to scroll through I see the big picture of my aunts '55 wagon that I posted as a reply tho one of Keiths posts showing several pictures of a Ford wagon at a show. When I get to "Piston Power '22 Cleveland - bangers" I see 10 large pictures that I must scroll through to get to the next active post. I just think too many pictures clutter the Active topic list when I'm looking for other threads. When Keith posted his series of posts of the Piston Power '22 Cleveland show there 37 big pictures to scroll through to reach a previous active thread. Though these were nice pictures of great cars it would be nice to not HAVE to view them when looking for something else. Maybe it's just me.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Hmmm, I have never used the "Active threads" button. Did it today. Not sure if anything can be done to change that. I do see what you are talking about.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Yeah, Keith said it was a fixed thing in the software. If I post pictures from the convention & Rappin' to Minden like I used to it may take days to get to another thread.

stock49 Online Content OP
1000 Post Club
OP Online Content
1000 Post Club
Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack
Yeah, Keith said it was a fixed thing in the software. If I post pictures from the convention & Rappin' to Minden like I used to it may take days to get to another thread.

It's true if you post them inline. But the Gallery Forum has also received some new functionality in the new release. I placed the Piston Power pics over in the Photo Library forum. If you visit those gallery posts directly and click on one of the images - a "light box" photo browser is launched. Grab the URL for the picture show and imbed that using the Insert Link button:
[Linked Image]
paste the URL into the pop up box:
[Linked Image]
and then enter a description of the link contents:
[Linked Image]

The result is a link to the photos already loaded into the light box:
Inline Fords at Piston Power '22

The Photo Library is configured to accept up to 20 images per post.

stock49

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (stock49, Twisted6), 403 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available