Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Originally Posted By: TraditionalToolworks
------------------ reply from Jim Carter ---------------
Alan, Engine block#3835911 is on a Pickup from 1954-55 and began in 1953 in the Corvette and passenger car with a Power Glide transmission. (This has modern insert bearing rods as do engines in vehicles today.) The head is from 1955-62. ALL you are using is from a 235 engine, not a 216. These very early 235's used a 6 volt system. Thus, the flywheel has the number of teeth used in a 6 volt. I can only assume the 3836848 head gives the extra compression to make it more difficult for a 6 volt battery and starter. Jim C
------------------ reply from Jim Carter ---------------

Digging my thread up as I just found an interesting piece of information on the '53 235.

As mentioned above by Jim Carter, the Corvette had the newer block in '53, but I noted this earlier on the Wikipedia site that in '53, the Bel Air shipped with a higher 115HP powered 235 with hydraulic lifters. This was evidently the same as the '53 Corvette "Blue Flame". This would have provided plenty of blocks from 1953 that would fit the '54-'62 heads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Bel_Air

Has to be true, it's on Wikipedia, right? blush In '53 even though they had hydraulic lifters, the HP went up to 115HP. The later engines were 135HP. That's more than 50% more powerful than the original 85HP 216 that came in my '46.

This would better explain how my engine was put together. I don't think it was an original '53 as it has a newer head on it. I also don't think it was a Corvette engine. The guy who put it together definitely knew what he was doing, and picked the parts specific. I think that would be Clarence Little from NC, he was the 2nd owner. I think he bought the truck in '83.

Originally Posted By: stock49
Also, here's a nice write up from a bike mechanic about Ammeter function: Ammeter Ethic @themotorcycleproject his bucket analogy is easy to get one's head around:

I just read through this again, and this is an XLNT document on how the ammeter works. At least makes it understandable for me. Thanks again for a great link stock49! smile

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
I have always wanted one of these since I was a kid.

Getting hard to find the good ones, most of the newer ahooga horns are crap.

This is a vintage one that's been tested to ensure it's 12v. The seller actually bought it at an antique swap meet, to find out it was 12v, while his car is 6v.

Putting it on my list of todos when I get to the electrical.

TT
1 member likes this: DoubleDingo
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I had one of those a vary long time ago now . But cool find.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I just got one for the roadster pile.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
I know it's really called the Klaxon horn I remember reading a couple years ago, probably a quick google would show who invented it...his name wasn't Klaxon, but he created it early in car history, and I think it was on the Model T and the Model A. Not sure if it was on other cars or not, anyone know the history and/or if other cars had it?

I wouldn't have to honk my horn at all if there wasn't so many inconsiderate people not paying attention to where they drive... wink

TT
P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
If you pick up a used horn and it doesn't sound right: most have an adjustable tension screw somewhere near the diaphragm. Loosen the lock nut, and turn the screw while trying the horn to get the best sound.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Originally Posted By: panic
If you pick up a used horn and it doesn't sound right: most have an adjustable tension screw somewhere near the diaphragm. Loosen the lock nut, and turn the screw while trying the horn to get the best sound.

Thanks, good tip.

The seller said it was loud, but I was asking him if it had the "right sound". Some of new ones sound pretty lousy.

I will try adjusting the screw for best overall tone. Thanks for that tip.

TT
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
So lately I've been doing a bit of pondering, trying to come up with a game plan for what I need to do on my truck to make it a decent/comfortable driving truck.

These are some of the things I've come up with.

1) most important is to get the drivetrain upgraded with the 3.38:1 ring/pinion in it. This is probably THE single most important upgrade on any of these older trucks, including the AD series. Really wasn't until the 60s when things started to modernize, IMO.

2) Music. For me music is mandatory, I've always had it when driving and I need to have it in Keroppi. I don't want to destroy the classic look of the interior, so my plan is to build a mount that can allow a captive touch screen display to swing out on a hinge so it can be put back into the glove box when not in use.

3) Navigation. This pertains to Music as well, since I will be using a CarPlay device so I can play music from my iphone as well as use Maps for navigation. Suffice to say, I can use my phone, but having put a CarPlay in my daily driver, it's a game changer. These stereos will allow you to listen to either vmail or text messages, and it will let you dictate your response. These devices will NOT send notifications while your phone is plugged into the car, and while that was annoying at first, I really think this is a good safety feature.

4) This is not needed, per se, but I would like a 2nd gas tank in Keroppi, just for extended mileage. I have a gas tank that was added to the bed, the original is still under the seat. My plan is to clean that up and use it also. I have a toggle switch that will allow me to divert power and sending device from tank to gauge on dash. This is the style of switch I will use: https://www.ebay.com/itm/282501084052

5) Carburetor/fuel lines. This is not something really needed, but I will replace my hardlines and use 2 electric low pressure fuel pumps. I will be using these: https://www.amazon.com/BOXI-Externally-Universal-Pressure-Electric/dp/B07H7BRJSX/ref=sr_1_2 In addition, I have a Carter 3211S that was NOS and rebuilt by Jon Goodman, who hangs out on Stovebolt, which I don't. This is the carb for the 235 that Carter made. I have a 964S on my 235 now, I think it may have been from the original 216, but it does work fine on the 235. I will sell that once I swap the 3211S on it.

6) Bed. redo and replace wood and cut custom length metal stripping to use between the wood. Will probably use hard maple as I have a bunch of that and I will use either varnish or West Marine epoxy so rain doesn't warp the wood.

7) Fabricate mount for Suburban seat. I haven't decided how to mount it, but there's a tube that runs along the floor (top of frame for gas tank in this case). I think I can somehow use some u-bolts but may need to fabricate or weld something usable. This also gets me seat belts as well.

8) Sound deadening. panic brought up a good point about sound deadening. There is pretty much bare metal in the entire cab, so these trucks are noisy. Need to work on this little by little, there's a lot of room for improvement.

This is a list of fixes that I think will make Keroppi all that much more comfortable to drive on the highway. Others may not need these features, and if so, no harm in me updating my thread. smile If I can finish this list above, this will be a decent driving old truck.

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 10/07/21 05:46 AM. Reason: Add Sound Deadening to list

TT
P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
Lots of sound deadening, insulating, etc. on every surface you can reach: under the carpet, firewall, door panels.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Lots of sound deadening, insulating, etc. on every surface you can reach: under the carpet, firewall, door panels.

Very good point actually. I have thought about that some as well as the hood. I love the look of the side hoods, but that's pretty rattly and noisy also. I am not sure if there's a way to change the hinges to something more modern that doesn't make so much noise.

I've seen that foil covered material used with pretty good success on the AK and AD trucks. I have a new seat I need to swap out also, it's from a Suburban 3rd row seat.

I have so much stuff to do on my truck, I wonder if I'll ever be driving it merely...Previously I converted my truck to 12v, now pretty glad I did as that will help out with a radio.

You make an XLNT point on the sound deadening. Adding that to the list.

TT
P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
I'm lucky: for me working on it is almost as much fun as driving.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
I'm lucky: for me working on it is almost as much fun as driving.

I do enjoy tinkering on it, I will admit. I'm not a professional wrench by any means, nor have I had too much experience with wrenching on trucks, unfortunately I didn't have a Dad to teach me wrenching...I just try to take it slow and listen to guys like you. I am looking forward to the day all this stuff is done, to enjoy the fruits of the labor so to speak, but I am enjoying the process... smile

The few cordless tools I've purchased recently are really a game changer, especially the 1/2" cordless high output impact wrench! (1400 ft.lbs. of torque)

TT
P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
The more you do, the easier it is.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
I am learning, but I am making some mistakes...no worries, my ego's been bruised before. The pickup is pretty simple/small compared to some of my projects... blush

The pickup is certainly involved in the big picture, as I just kinda see myself puttering around the lake down to the hardware store in town to get some hardware/materials/etc...

So I don't need a bigger more powerful engine, yet I do need some of the creature comforts I've grown used to...stereo, navigation, cup holder! Those are all fixable in the pickup. wink

I can certainly understand how a hot rod can become addicting...guess that's why there's so many customs...I'm trying to keep it original looking if I can on this one (not a hot rod).

TT
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Originally Posted By: TraditionalToolworks
3) Navigation. This pertains to Music as well, since I will be using a CarPlay device so I can play music from my iphone as well as use Maps for navigation.

Follow up to this, still not decided but think I have narrowed down a CarPlay unit to this type, there are a couple companies that have this style.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224258524637

My plan is to mound this in the glove box on a bracket that will allow it to swing out to face the unit towards the driver.

This is about the smallest I could find that would do CarPlay. This is only about 2-1/2" thick and it has solid looking unit that can mount to the sides.

TT
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Just don't use it to get you through the mountains when the major roads are closed. They were still pulling stranded people out a couple of days ago from the last round of storms and the idiocy they create.
My 2007 Silverado had a Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD in it when I got it. I found a copy of the 110 page owner's manual, each page more confusing than the previous page. Some features include SAT Radio Ready, Bluetooth, iPod-iPad, DIVX,DVD, Dolby Digital HD Radio, reverse cam......... I've only had the truck a few months but have already learned to turn the radio on & off, control the volume, and switch between 2 FM stations. smile
LINK

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 01/08/22 06:56 PM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Ok, after more searching I wasn't sure if the previous unit was using WinCE for the system or not, as I saw another that appeared to have the same body which runs on WinCE.

I then found this last night, which could have Linux in the system, and it does support Linux storage which is great for me. This is the new contender.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144253643282

Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Just don't use it to get you through the mountains when the major roads are closed. They were still pulling stranded people out a couple of days ago from the last round of storms and the idiocy they create.

No, actually I'm fairly lucky as I haven't hit any snow, even going over the hills during this brisk winter. 175 had one section where rocks were falling and workers were cleaning up, but no snow.

My 2007 Silverado had a Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD in it when I got it.

Those are nice, and I would rather have a Pioneer, price is also good. However the size would make it more difficult to mount on some type of arm as it's 6" deep. The one I just posted above in this post has only a small portion, it might even be possible to mount that under the dash with the touch display sticking up, I need to look at that and see. Either way the Linux storage is a huge plus for me as I keep all videos and images on Linux.

NOTE: although I am looking for a stereo to eventually put in my '46, I don't think I'll buy it until I get my drive train conversion done, no reason to. whistle

TT
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That looks like a good choice for you. A good price also.

Mine was the choice of the last owners. It had miles of wire for remote speakers and screens. They must have been in charge of entertainment at the job site. I'm figuring it out slowly. I carry the manual in the truck. I just ordered a new backup cam & harness for my model. These guys may have worked construction but they were not electricians. laugh

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
That looks like a good choice for you. A good price also.

Currently it's my plan to get that unless I see something better. I like that it has a remote available for the steering wheel, since I kinda feel it's a distraction even for the radio/player to fumble with captive touch screen, just less so than a phone.

The backup camera is a plus to, just running a couple wires from the camera under and along the chassis...

The '46 is my toy pretty much, something I've longed to want...it's gonna take some work but will always be a 70+ year old truck. I don't want to cobble it together if I can help it, but it is tempting. I will go out of my way to mount this in a way that it is the most usable without destroying the original looks of the interior, which is why I'm been thinking of an swing arm inside the glove box. Could also be a floor mount such as a post, that could work and be able to remove in a pinch.

TT
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Starting to look at resurrecting this project, doing the rest of the cleaning in my office/handwork-shop where I am rebuilding the T5 today, I still have about half left to move out to the garage and figure out where to stack/store. I used to do reloading on the metalworking bench, so have a ton of equipment just piled up in boxes with cartridges, bullets, primers, powders, presses, trimmers, et al (this stuff is heavy!), I just need a clean space to startup again. Tomorrow is Spring, so timing couldn't be better...

Spring cleaning to get on with my project once again.

TT
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Cleaning, stacking , sorting sounds familiar. I have a transmission to put together once I find it and clear the space to work on it.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Originally Posted by TraditionalToolworks
I used to do reloading on the metalworking bench, so have a ton of equipment just piled up in boxes with cartridges, bullets, primers, powders, presses, trimmers, et al (this stuff is heavy!)
Interesting, I currently compete in ELR events myself, been doing it about 4 years now! I'm also prepping to break the current ELR centerfire record.... There needs to a subforum here for guys to talk about non-car related things....

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
RUSTY BOWTIE has a forum for that kind of thing and also a garage gripes forum. Not a lot of inline stuff though. When I get my shop sorted I'll have to move on to the reloading room.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Originally Posted by CNC-Dude #5585
Interesting, I currently compete in ELR events myself, been doing it about 4 years now! I'm also prepping to break the current ELR centerfire record.... There needs to a subforum here for guys to talk about non-car related things....
That's exactly why I got the 6.5 Creedmoor parts to build a bolt action, quite a bit less powder than 308 and can get out to 2000 yards. I do have another tactical 80% receiver and may try to do a 338, but you know very well, they require a lot of powder...I got to shoot a 50BMG once, we can't own them in Cali anymore, but existing ones were grandfathered in. You wouldn't get very many reloads with a lb. of powder on those...I digress...but the bullets are also pricey for the L338M as well as the match grade cases. I pretty much use match grade with all my supplies. If you're taking the time to reload them yourself, you might as well have the best, IMO.

This is where I'm at, you can see some of the supplies still against the far wall...believe it or not, this is about 1/2 cleaned! blush

[Linked Image]

TT
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
After spending this whole week in the cleanup mode you just don't know how good that picture makes me feel. laugh

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack
After spending this whole week in the cleanup mode you just don't know how good that picture makes me feel. laugh
Yeah, wasn't too proud of that, but as things evolve over time things just get put in space that was not being used.

Not quite there, but enough for tonight. I made good progress, and if I never stop on another primer in my bare feet for the rest of my life, it will be too soon. I have no idea where they all came from, but I kept finding empty brass cases and those damn primers hurt when they're turned with cup up... blush
[Linked Image]

Pretty much ready for work also,

[Linked Image]

I know you're probably wondering what the woodworking bench looks like on the left side of the office and it's still a mess, but will have more to move to the garage...that will need to wait. What I needed mostly I got, a clean desk for work and a clean enough bench to finish the T5 and rear carrier rebuild.

TT
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
What a big improvement! I've never been barefoot around primers but I put a rusty nail all the way through my boot & foot when I was a kid. shocked My folks were rooting for lockjaw. laugh
I worked all day yesterday sorting tiny bits from 160 little plastic drawers. The results were hardly noticeable. frown Probably could have thrown it all in the trash and in a week forgot I ever had it. This is a holdover from being raised by depression era parents, the original preppers. "You might need that! " With a 30 mile round trip to the hardware store + gas prices they may be right.:D

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 03/21/22 03:58 PM.

1 member likes this: TraditionalToolworks
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That's good progress right there....!

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
What a big improvement! I've never been barefoot around primers but I put a rusty nail all the way through my boot & foot when I was a kid. shocked My folks were rooting for lockjaw. laugh
Damn, those Z Parents are tough on the kids... laugh

Since my wife is Japanese we don't wear shoes in the house, and I always leave my sandals at the door. I have a about an 8' commute to work, and keep a pair of old sandals to walk across the deck I built between the master bedroom and office. The door in my master bedroom is the only thing not permitted on my house. The shop, electrical, foundation, et al were all permitted and inspected. The office started out as an office/music-study, but it turned into yet another shop to do handwork. Hence, the wood and metal which I desperately try to keep separated.

I worked all day yesterday sorting tiny bits from 160 little plastic drawers. The results were hardly noticeable. frown Probably could have thrown it all in the trash and in a week forgot I ever had it. This is a holdover from being raised by depression era parents, the original preppers. "You might need that! " With a 30 mile round trip to the hardware store + gas prices they may be right.:D
My take, I'm lightening up my life. This goes for supposed <cough> "friends" that I hung out with occasionally that didn't think the same way. I don't need any extra baggage in my life. The reason I started to realize that the Inliners will only be a time suck if I am to keep pursuing to change it. Do I need that in my life? Nope, I don't. The Inliners had their chance, they should have taken me up on it. My local chapter you might ask? I do go sometimes, but honestly they're more interested in going to a car show...car shows keep my interest for about 5, maybe 10 minutes, so I think the problem is me, not them. I wanna get greasy, I want get together and wrench with guys, talk about making mods on my truck, stuff like that...I'm different than the members in the Bay Area Inliners.

That's good progress right there....!
You probably never stepped on a primer either... blush Honestly I don't know how so many of them got under/behind boxes, behind stuff I swept up, etc...the small primers especially, I can barely see them on the dark floor but I can hear them...this is not to mention how much reloading supplies I acquired when I was shooting regularly. I just put the last of the loaded ammo in the safe with the receivers. I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing, I am nothing. Molon Labe!

So, all that said guys, my '46 pickup is a part of that "make my life simpler" plan, it's so simple compared to modern cars and trucks. No computer, no ECU, no fuel injection. I don't even have a radio in it! ( but that will change, you can bank on it! laugh ) When I'm at the lake for good (will be a few years most likely), I will be puttering down to Kelseyville Lumber to pick up some hardware and building material, and most everyone else can leave me alone.

EDIT: Scott, Tom, do either of you have a 6v car/truck that you would use a 6v-12v converter? Handy for a cigarette lighter to charge/run your phone. I will even pay the shipping for either of you if you can use it. I have since converted my '46 to 12v so there's no going back. Brand new Chinesium.

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 03/22/22 02:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to ask about 12->6v converter

TT
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Cool insight on life lightening, car shows, clubs, and old trucks.

If my wife made me take my boots off our hardwood floors would not need the work they do.

All my vehicles are 12V now. I had to convert my '53 when I put the '57 engine in it. I have no problem with 6V it was fine.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
No 6-12V converter here either. I have stepped on a few primers before, it is surprising how they end up in the most obscure places when you are prepping brass.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
If my wife made me take my boots off our hardwood floors would not need the work they do.
If I didn't take my shoes off, I'd get my head beat in...j/k It is something do like, I'm a barefoot kinda guy, and don't like socks unless I wear my boots. This can be a problem working metal in the garage, small chips will get dragged into the house by the garage door / family room, so I try to sweep up occasionally while I'm working and going in/out, but I have gotten them in my feet. My wife less as she wears a pair of crocs (indoor ONLY) when she works in the kitchen.

All my vehicles are 12V now.
No 6-12V converter here either.
I'll stick it in the classified section, if someone wants to pay the shipping.

I have stepped on a few primers before, it is surprising how they end up in the most obscure places when you are prepping brass.
I never remember dropping so many, but in the past I have found a lot of them cleaning up. I try to keep plastic tubes on the press so they don't fall on the floor when de-priming, I have 3 or 4 cutters I use on the mill also from Giraud for 45ACP, 5.56, 308, possibly one more. These size the neck properly to keep everything consistent. I use a wet tumbler with Lemi-Shine. Some folks use stainless pins in the wet tumbler but I find they come out spanky with nothing but water/Lemi-Shine and brass. With the Dillon 650 I used to own I could reload about 800 rounds in 2 hours. I've heard they can do 700/hr, but I never do that much of one size, my 800 with be 2 sizes at min, more often 3. I have only moved all the heavy bullets and supplies into the garage, need to figure that out still, but...

With all of this out of the way, I will finish the bench and get the T5 spread out for identification/replacement with my parts kit I have from Transparts Warehouse. I have all the parts together, the adapter plate I had Vintage Metalworks make for me, the modified tail shaft cover by Dan up in WA, the bearings for the rear axle and carrier. Carrier is about half done, has the 3.38:1 ring gear, I need to put the pinion in it, and I have a gasket kit for that. Those outside bearings were tough to find as were the inner carrier bearings. Hopefully all are correct size. whistle

I'm pretty sure I'll need to remove the old leaf spring mounts and re-weld them on at the correct angle, but that will be after I get the rear axle rebuilt entirely. Beater, you can barely see, but behind the tail shaft cover is the Rust Doctor I bought. Still not sure if I will use that on the axle or not, but I do like the looks of it.

Question for either of you. When you do a rebuild for part, say a trans, carrier, or even an engine, do you lay the parts out and organize the replacements with them, or have you done it enough that you know where most parts go anyway? I'm trying to understand the best way to approach this, I am planning to lay everything out in 2 different area, so that I keep all the original parts together, and use the replacements as I put each section back together. Any brilliant tips on organizing and keeping track of everything? I try to use ziplocs to hold small parts together. But cleaning the old parts is where quite a bit of time is spent for me.

TT
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
See if you can find a good exploded view line drawing you can enlarge and print off. When you disassemble large assemblies like the main shaft, take pics with your phone as a backup incase the drawing isn't good quality. You can layout long pieces of cardboard to lay the pieces on in the order you take them off the shaft. With a sharpie, you can number them left to right or vice versa, then take a pic of that disassembled and laid out. The shifter rail can be tricky, they often have detent pins that are spring loaded and can blast off if you remove a rail too quickly before you realize they are there. Take plenty of pics to aid in reassembling...

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I was an expert with '39 Ford trannys when I had an Olds in my '38 coupe. The first Morris Minor trans I took apart scattered it's self all over the shop. What Scott said, Exploded views & lost of pictures. A service manual is good and online videos are a great help (usually). Lots of room & a clean workplace.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
I couldn't agree with both of you more, and will say that I do have XLNT online videos I'm referring to from the gent I bought most of the sealants, and a couple parts to upgrade, such as a front bearing retainer that is milled from solid material. The original allows the bearing to float inside a cover over it, but under hi stress the shaft can move and/or deform things. Before either of you laugh, cause I know my pee-cup is never gonna see that type of torque that a racer is gonna see, but it is a better part and the cost is minimal in the overall picture. I don't plan to rebuild this transmission ever again. Since this is a World Class T5 the overhaul kit includes all replaceable parts including the syncros and needle bearings. Again, I don't need the WC T5, but I got it and see nothing wrong with having best in class in my pee-cup! smirk

BTW, I have mentioned this tech tip previously, and will mention it again. You can get boxes for free at the USPS, and you can have them deliever packs of 2 dozen to your mailbox, in my case it's at my front door. they will leave them at my front door, it don't get easier than that! I use them to layout stuff when I do a project like that, cause yeah, I do look for diagrams and such, and the guy I bought some parts from does sell a rebuild book for the T5, but I see no reason to spend the $35 to buy it when he did a video on YT and another with EricTheCarGuy. And quite honestly the guy is a real pr!@$ to hobbyist like me cause I bought his retainer and not his book. I don't need any signed book, I need a rebuilt T5 done properly. Also, I think it really upsets him that I bought the anerobic gasket maker from him as I don't need it either, I just think it works better and mostly easier to clean up. I'm trying to simplify my life! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As you can kind of see I have the carrier parts on the right side, and the T5 parts on the left. A couple small parts need cleaning still, but most of the T5 parts are cleaned, and I have the sealers, anerobic gasket maker, assembly lube and even a free tub of Anti-seize because PaulC sent me the wrong product. That's the only nice thing with him.

This last pic is for Scott...the damn stuff just never ends...found 8 boxes of 308 ammo on the shelf, along with a bunch of magpul parts and a few gunsmith tools for triggers and adjustments, a set of lock rings for my reloading presses, etc...and I found some scope founds and 2 80% receivers that are already milled. My State claims the residents must apply and get a serial number if we want to build our own firearms. These were milled before that law applied so they go in the safe and those pukes can drink off my sweaty 'nads. Got a nice set of scope mounts. Those will come in handy when I build the bolt action!

And thankfully, I think I've cleaned all the primers away from harms feet, not a single primer did I step on today! cool

[Linked Image]

TT
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
So you're the reason the USPS in going broke? laugh

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That ammo was a good find considering today's market. Fortunately our laws here in the South are a lot more forgiving than in other places. We had a guy join our company that relocated here from Cali 7 years ago now. He has several AR's that he was required to do that special mag release button swap on. We just shook our heads at all the freedoms that state has taken away from people in regard to firearms. We keep teasing him and saying that before long Cali may require AR owners to do a bolt action conversion or a flintlock conversion....

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
It's called a "Bullet Button", the idea is you use the bullet of a round to press the button to release the mag, that's what makes it legal. I have 3 that are "featureless", meaning they don't have the evil features which include pistol grip, adjustable stock, no vertical foregrip. I use the Thordsen FRS gen II stocks, it's pretty comfortable and is not considered a pistol group. There are some with fins on the rear of the pistol grip to allow you to hold it from the front so it can't be considered a pistol grip. And there are various wrist supports and short devices to get around the pistol law, Cali doesn't allow any AR pistols. I have a few, but none are assembled. I milled them prior to pistols being illegal.

We should take this to the off topic forum when it gets setup.

TT
C
Contributor
Contributor
C
This post has as much to do with a forum on Truck Talk and inline engines as your post. The diatribe below doesn't belong here and neither does any ruminating about your personal life and habits.

If you want to talk about yourself and other non-inline interests, take it to the Bench Racing forum and start a thread there. Quit mucking up technical threads with ramblings about yourself.

****************************************************************************************************************************

BRADY. MORE THAN A NAME, IT�S A MOVEMENT.

In getting the bipartisan Brady Law passed in 1993, Jim and Sarah Brady accomplished the inconceivable. But there�s more work to be done � and only when we work together will we solve this problem. In order to do that work, we must accept these three truths about America�s gun violence epidemic: 1) Gun ownership demands responsibility; 2) Those empowered to do so must uphold existing gun laws; and 3) Gun violence is a uniquely American problem that impacts all races and ethnicities in the country, but nonetheless exacts a particular toll on Black and Brown communities.

A problem with so many root causes, requires us to address it from all angles. Brady therefore emphasizes education, litigation, and legislation to ensure that every community is safe, not only from mass shootings, but also from the daily toll of gun homicide, domestic violence, suicide, unintentional shootings, and police violence that plagues so many communities.

It�s time we unite people of all races and ethnicities from coast to coast, progressive and conservative, young and old, fed up and fired up, to work with us and end what is taking so many lives. It's in our hands.

DONATE TO BRADY

Brady�s lifesaving work in congress, the courts, classrooms, and communities across the country is made possible thanks to you. 100% of your donation goes to fight gun violence.

These donations support the Brady Campaign, Brady�s 501(c)(4) organization, and are not tax-deductible as a charitable contribution or business expense.

If you�d like to make a tax-deductible donation to the Brady Center, Brady's 501(c)(3) organization, please visit this page https://www.bradyunited.org/donate/tax

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
So now you feel you have a victory elsewhere and you are going to be the head vigilante and hunt down perceived violations in other threads.

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 04/02/22 04:13 AM.

1 member likes this: DoubleDingo
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 325 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available