Originally Posted by DoubleDingo
Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack
I think you are safe. The liberal left is out for all of our engines there isn't a law he could quote that would not harm his own interests.

I believe most of us have owned more V8s & V6s than inline sixes. That is part of what makes this fun and of special interest. Of the 6 registered vehicles in my yard 5 have V8s and 4 are SBC. One is scheduled to be replaced by a 292.

My first L6 was the 4.0 in my Cherokee. Still running strong. I was always a v8 guy until I bought the Jeep, and then the Outback and Forester. The '65 was going to stay a v8, but Pop talked me into getting the 292, and even went with me on the 14-hour round trip to get it.

Sometime in the 80s my wife & I bought our first Cherokee after having two AMC Eagles. We drove almost every Jeep on the lot when the salesman nearing his limit told us to take one for a dive, have lunch, take it home to drive our dirt road but not to look at the engine. When we got back in a couple of hours we had decided to buy it. When we raised the hood it was a four cylinder. It was great car, bad ass in the snow and rough roads. I didn't tow with it but it handled the mountains well. Later we had a Cherokee & a grand Cherokee with the 4.0 six. The grand was my favorite jeep to date. I think the 4x4 package you choose is more important than the engine if you intend to "use" them.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain