Have my 54 GMC 150-24 truck, finally have the energy and (limited) time to go thru the engine. Checked the oil, little low but clean like it has a few miles not black. Checked points, cap and rotor, all look like new. Plug wires are stiff and some ends are little rusted or corroded, twisted the wires to help make better connection. Pulled plugs and looked clean, poured some Marvel in cylinders. Opened up the valve cover and checked all the rockers and valves turning the crank by hand. All spins freely and looks nice as well, lubed up the rocker shaft. Checked ground wires and cables, all clean. Jumpered with a switch for the ignition switch since missing a key (no patience to wait for new switch). Installed a 6v battery, engine turns over nicely with no bad noises.
Not getting spark at the plugs, I am getting voltage at the coil. I do notice the coil hot wire appeared that it has melted in the past, yet it still puts 6v to coil.
Been many years since I have dealt with points system.
Any pointers to help me on what to look for to at least get the engine started?
Once I get past that, I think I'll start the teardown process when I find a storage shed or place for the parts while restoring.
Might even work on getting the original 248 engine rebuilt if I can find all the parts.
Thank You in Advance.

Attached Images
1.jpg (154.65 KB, 38 downloads)
5.jpg (154.06 KB, 38 downloads)
20200808_113514.jpg (153.98 KB, 35 downloads)