Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack
Ah, The proverbial can of worms. laugh I haven't done anything on my head yet. Right now the plan is stock valve size and just thin & reshape the boss. I want the most velocity at low rpm and I think the volume is adequate for my purpose, a low rpm truck engine. One thing that is said about the 194 head is that by the time you add & un-shroud bigger valves you have a 230-292 chamber head. Twisted6 & CNC DUDE have a lot of experience here. 12 Bolt Tom has done Dyno tests with good stats on higher rpm setups. As far as I can tell there is still some gray area for low end power. It all comes back to the toughest of all hot rodding engine build questions, " What do you REALLY expect your engine to do?" It can not do everything and each of your components must work together to reach your goal.

lol, well I would say there are likely 3 answers to that but all happening inside the engine bay of my 83 Chevy C10/likely bolt to a TH350
1. initial setup; will run the single 38/38 weber on clifford manifold with some camshaft yet to be determined
2. Phase 2 (if I get to it); run dual weber 38/38 carbs on a dual inlet clifford manifold (have the carbs that need rebuilt/no manifold)
3. Phase 3 (if I'm feeling especially froggy); maybe some nitrous oxide

Last edited by moregrip1; 01/31/23 12:46 AM.

250 inline 6 project!