Thanks for the replies to my brake problems. Currently I am running the old single string system with the old master cylinder feeding pressure to a remote vacuum powered booster located on the passenger side. The amplified pressure line is split to feed the rear drums and 11 inch disk brakes.

One new thing I added was a brass pressure modulator replacing a simple "T" fitting to slow down the feed to the disk brakes. It works as advertised, giving the rear drums more time to react and apply the drum brakes. The car seem more in control especially during panic stops.

I want to change gears and ask for advice on my recent 200R4 overdrive installation. I swapped out a Borg Warner 5 speed manual transmission for the 200R4 behind my 302 GMC. I am having problems with it shifting down as the car slows when the shifter lever is in overdrive. It seems to not want to down shift automatically. Once the car slows down to about 25 mph the drive train starts to lug and vibrate. I have to manually move the shift selector to Drive(3rd, 2nd and 1st gear) to stop the car and the lugging in Overdrive. I assumed that the 200R4 would be smart enough to do this on it own.
I know there is an electrical relay that controls torque converter lockup which is tied to the brake light switch. That lets you unlock the torque converter at slow speed by taping the brake to activate the light. It seems to work ok but it still does not shift out of overdrive.
Any ideas on how to solve this problem. Thanks __Radar

FranK Hainey