I think it falls into the survivor category. He doesn't have to worry about destroying a pristine vintage car but it looks pretty solid and is a cool body style. (room for the future family) smile I don't see any rust through spots. Quite a few missing parts hopefully some are stashed somewhere, nothing that can't be found. You can thank the bumper guard for saving a nice grill. It looks like a great candidate for a fun driver.

The driveline is closed. The driveshaft in inside a tube so it can't easily connect to a newer transmission. There are ways. The 230-250 can be adapted to the original transmission. I think, but not sure, that the third member (center section if the differential) can be swapped for a later open driveline unit. Other rear ends can be used, some GM and some foreign pickups that will keep the 6 lug wheel pattern. Others here know a lot more than I do maybe they will join in. There is a lot of work there and a lot to be learned but he has a good starting point. How did you determine the gender? I have always been intimidated when working on female cars. blush

In 1969 my brand new wife & I were in a car wreck on our honeymoon. She was in the hospital in Bozeman, Montana for 5 months. A guy there loaned me a '40 Chevy 4 door. All I had to do was rebuild the master cylinder and do some overdue maintenance. I drove it all over that part of Montana on all kinds of roads until the beginning of December. Never had a problem with it. It did several inches of snow with ease.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain