I have an iginitor electric distributor kit on my distributor with a fairly new vacuum advance. I have the stock coil.
I'm not sure exactly what the plug gap is set to but about 6 months ago I put on new plugs and I know I adjusted it to the correct gap amount.
I have no idea when the last rebuild was, I haven't rebuilt it since I have had it. I have done compression tests on all of the cylinders and they look fine.
This morning I did a vacuum test and the vacuum is absolutely normal. I also checked the timing and it was dead on. I am sooooo confused.
This same problem was prevelant when the stock manifolds were on it, but it was not as bad as it is now. Maybe it is just more noticable with the extra power of the four barrel.
A wierd thing is that when I put the transmission into 1st and manually shift the transmission up to third there is no bog whatsoever. It is only when the car is in drive and the transmission is shifting automatically that there is significant "bog". It does not go away when the engine is warm either. Thanx again for you help.

A little 230ci '69 Nova with a four barrel and headers!