Me and OldcarKook know each other well,soo,here goes.And I know his mechanic friend is top notch.
I have the Best Gasket rear main seal in a modified 302,after a few long road trips and many trips to redline,it doesn't leak at all.
The only difference I see is my engine's crank has those closely spaced angles little grooves cut into the seal area of the crank.This supposedly throws the oil away from the seal.
Your photo's of the bearings;remember when the cam in my 302 failed after about 1500 miles and I had to disassemble the engine to clean out the cam debris? My engine's main bearings didn't look as "marked" as yours,they hardly looked used.No longer available Clevitie 77 brand in my case,but that shouldn't matter.My bearing clearances are also a little loose,like .0028 as actually measured,so lots of oil is being thrown off .
Now maybe the photos make the wear look excessive,but are you absolutely sure there isn't a misalignment with the rear main cap or the block itself? The original factory machining on my 302,it was all standard size,was bad.Not the block crank journals,but the block deck and rods.
Maybe ya got a bad block? Just a thought.

70 Triumph 650 cc ECTA current record holder