Glad to see your using a filter. Try to get the spin-on adapter for the Ford filter as you will want to be able to use a filter with a bypass built into it. Chevy filters don't have this. Fram does make a special line of performance filters with a bypass built in, I think HP-4 would be the one for a Chevy, just in case you get an adapter for the Chevy filter instead of the Ford. Whether you mount it to the frame, inner fender well, or firewall make sure there is a section of flexible hose. Only when mounting it to the engine can you use completely solid lines.

As for the rearend, the f298 camshaft isn't going to like that 3spd because no matter what you use, it is going to be a compromise due to the 2.95 first gear and no overdrive. To get out of the hole you would want a 3:70 or higher ratio, which will hurt your top crusing speed because you don't have any overdrive. Use a 3:36 or 3:56 to get the crusing speed back, and it will be a dog at the bottom end. Ideally, a T5 with a 3.50 first gear and a 3:70 would be my recommendation, but the 4:11 could be used also. Just get the T5 in there and try it. Then adjust the rearend gear later if you feel like it.

I.I. #3174