Fabian,
the filter adapter to use can be found at www.jegs.com either part # 771-1791 or 771-1211. There are others also.

Just remember, Solid lines are fine WHEN THE FILTER IS MOUNTED TO THE ENGINE. Otherwise a flexible section is required. When you use the proper hoses and fittings, you will not have any problems. The hoses that are sold in the kits are good to at least 300 psi. I've used these for years without problems. Not having them RIGHT NEXT TO the header should be obvious...

3spdOD's usually go for $100-200 used and in unknown condition. That's without all of the periferal stuff. T5's in good working order can be found for less than $450, even on Ebay. Just something to consider, at least when negotiating a price...

Nobody makes a floor shifter for the 3spdOD, at least not since the 60's. Your Hurst 3spd floor shifter can be modified to work though. It will need to be moved over about 2" so it will clear the solenoid, and the shift rods will need some serious re-bending, but it will work. I've done it before. I've used all of the above trannies at on time or another in my '53 truck.
Or you can go back to a column shift...

I.I. #3174