thanks guys

if it was easy to do it wont be worth doing !

the search for parts, the learning, the being able to say i did something different that no one else has done. and meeting and BS along the journey to the goal to get there.

thanks for the tips !

292 just wont look right in a 48 gmc, so i will pass on that !
plus i searched high and low and long for a three carb harper intake and that wont fit a 292 !

my intake is my starting point.

when i did my 261 i had to watch for different cranks and cams because things changed from year to year which maid somethings very hard to find !

did all things on the gmc 302 interchange threw the years ?? cams, cranks and internal parts ??

i know a place that has about 15 military trucks with 302s in them so at this point that is what i am going to wind up with. which is probable be better less chance of be totally wore out. are the cranks the same in these motors ? because i hear the fly wheels are diffent in these trucks ?

what is a good way to stroke one of this 302s for a little more cubic inches ? i have read they can be taken out to a 341 ! any clues for a starting point would be helpful!!

my goal is a some were between mild and wild ! i have been collecting parts. i have a mini hei. the three carb intake. fenton headers and some other small parts. but the search for a block and head starts now !

thanks guys

tg