OK Lets Just Get a Little More REAL for a sec.
HOW many of you guys are Putting a 230,250,292
Motor into anything THATs even NEW Enought to Have Had a CAT on the car OR TRUCK to start with?????????? ANYTHING For The Most part BEFORE 85 DIDN'T Have a CAT.
AND ONE THING EVERYONE has also Over looked is that any Motor That Had a CAT on it ALSO HAD A AIR pump Which did Double duty to the Best that i can remember #1 which was to help Cool the valve.#2 who knows what else as far as the exhaust itself goes.
But Personaly I think this is getting BEAT to death ,AND Nobody here is builting There MOTORS For Extreme DUTY But to Either Full Race Or a Nice reliable daily drivers. But it seems that many of the machine shop guys in & around town here (oppions)That if You not racking Up close to a 100,000 miles a yr Or Building FOR Extreme Duty,
OR HIGH RPMs (Long term) & maybe? turboed ( not much imput on the turbo)Don't realy feel a need
for them in a cast Iron Head.Some said Yes But Others say NO. SO my 2cents is I guess It's up to
The one Whos having a head Built Or to Which guy/Machine shop your asking?? I guess this could turn out to be a interesting POLE/survey for MOST machine shops.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.