I have a question regarding this. I've got a '70 C-10, 250, header, 3 speed. The engine was rebuilt eight or nine years ago with a PAW kit and their "performance" cam. I have long since forgotten the specs. Anyways, I had been using the Monojet on it until I parked it a few years ago, but the carb had always been a problem. I was recently able to talk my wife into allowing me to resurrect my yruck, and I have been plagued with carb trouble. The original had vacuum leaks past the throttle shaft, and the screw holes for the throttle body were stripped. I swapped the original carb for a Tomco rebuild. It bled over and flooded out at every opportunity, so I replaced it with another Tomco (under warranty). I have had problems from the start with that one, but the warranty ran out before I did anything about it, so I rebuilt it. I still can't make the thing idle, and it stumbles badly just off idle.

It seems to me that I am barking up the wrong tree with this approach. I am considering replacing the carb with either a 2 or 4 barrel Holley, but the only source I have seen for an intake for either is Clifford. I swear I remember Offy making a manifold for it, but I can't find one. Any advice?