Nortin:

I can't find it now either, so it must have been deleted.

It was on a Camero (I think) & ran out of a set of Langdon's cast headers, which ran separately to the mufflers (straight through) & out the back.

A really good job, but he complained of noise.

Bill:

Yes; It/they do reduce the noise and can be welded to not leak, especially with the wire feed welders many use today.

This isn't the issue here.

The whole point of headers/duals is to reduce heat and aid in "top end" performance, which is hampered by the co-mingled exhaust in manifolds and the 'single' muffler system, which came on most vehicles, beginning in the 1930s.

When "Hot Rods" are built 'max' power & acceleration is generally the goal and duals aid in that effort.

To co-mingle the exhaust with ANYTHING defeats the whole purpose and is counter productive, any way you look at it.

My Stock 1956 Ford had duals from the factory that ran straight to the mufflers and were quiet because they used the 'proper' mufflers and no 'crossover' was needed.

Sure there will be a 'low end' improvement when you take it away from the 'top end' which wasn't the goal to start with. Really now; Nothing is gained by running the exhaust around in circles?

So; You make the system one way or the other. You can't have it both ways and to try is a waste of time/money/effort etc.

I have explained ALLL of this before & why it was done that way for the EPA in the 70s.

Happy trails. \:\)

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon