I've been running the 250 in my K-20 for a acouple of months now. Most of you guys know my setup, but for those that don't........'69 250, 4 brl heated clifford intake, clifford truck headers, staight exhaust with only a glass pak, but the rest of the engine is stock.

Anyhow, I've noticed some things........First, with the heated intake, the in cab heater doesn't make much heat when its 20 degrees out? Anyone else experience this? Doesn't really bother me because we don't drive long distances.......Usually start it up, let it idle, hop in drive 4 miles, hop out to start a tractor, leaving the truck idle, hop back in the truck, drive 2 miles, plug another tractor in, etc.
The second thing, which actually suprised me, I'd say this heavier truck(3/4 ton 4x4) does better on fuel with this setup, than our 1/2 tons with 250's did with the stock setup...........I haven't ran a kept track of the mileage/fill ups to see exactly what it is getting because 4-5 of us run it and everyone fills it up when needed. I probably put 50 miles on it on the interstate the past two days, and it may even do as well as my other 3/4 ton 4x2 did with a 305. The fuel gage didn't move much.......I was expecting it to be way harder on fuel.......50 miles with the 454 would have took a 1/4 tank \:\(

I am more tempted to try the Q-Jet on it this spring than ever!

Love Old '67-'72 GM Pickups! Dare to be different.....Running GM Inliners, GMC's MONSTER V-6's, and real inline power, Cummins, in Central PA.