Its been a long time from tranny build till now,, but we used a calc chart form carcraft on tailshaft drive and driven gears,, we got as close as possible for my tire height and 3.08's,, I'll try to get out tonight and see the old fashion way and rpm at 70 on the highway,,,the car is a 65 chevy II, so with me in it, the car wieghs some 2800lbs I think. Im also using a 700r4 tranny,,so overdrive helps., The q-jet is just a junker I've collected over the years,, it is a mid 70's/80's and a b.o.p. body,,,that choice would be determined how you wanted to bring in your fuel line,,if you are going to mount the carb primaries out,, you want a chevy q-jet with the side inlet,,the front inlet with the filter tip and fuel line came to close to the shock tower in the nova,,basically you want a non-computer q-jet with an adjustable apt,, and with the tons of different throttle shafts you have to pick one that meets your needs,, from throttle to tranny linkages,,Hit your local bookstore and find the q-jet book by Cliff Ruggles,,it is worth its wieght over Rowes,
After I worked with the carb with help from Cliff over the phone,after countless times with a carb co out of St. Pete, I did send it to him for his rebuild,, He does so many, and is very familiar with the setup for sixes,,(even ohc sprints), he took my car/setup info and when I got it back, bolt on and go,, haven't touched it since