I'm not that familiar with a 261/235 on their pin fits. I use Prolong assembly lube on the pins. The stock GMC rod has a lubrication oil thru the rod to lubricate the pin on the rod. Most after market rods do not do this and pins are only lubed from the oil ring land which has a passage. (Arias)

Many machine shops are not as familiar with what is known as a "palm fit" which is described in the GMC ovarhaul books for the rod to pin clearance. When using smaller pins I direct them to make the clearance in the rod bushings so you can push the pin thru with your palm. I have never lost a rod at the pin in over 30 years of LSR racing.

The after market rods also get oil from the "splash" of the oil from the side clearance of the rod. Scrapers and side catching pans take some of this away.

This probably doesn't mean much for a stock style engine but pin clearance and lubrication pay a big part in longevity and not looking at your rods thru a hole in the block...Good Luck

216.158 MPH 12-Port 302 GMC on 70% 171.0 MPH 302 stock head on gasoline 7 years later