Houston, we have ignition! Apparently I had it stabbed right the first time yesterday when I first put the dist in, it backfired so I immediately spun it 180, but I didn't try different timing locations first. Today, I double checked TDC and it was right on, so I put it 180 back to the original location and it started up after a little tweaking of the dist. That's a goood sound.

It runs smooth as silk but the carb is messed up. It is leaking, and I saw that the base was busted on the mount, and the throttle won't seem to set all the way down even with extra springs, so I think this new engine deserves a new carburetor. I am going to pick one up tomorrow if the auto parts stores are open and I should be on the road.

I also went to the junkyard today and picked up a gearshift bar that goes from the column to the side of the tranny, mine was too short after I moved everything back. I also got a speedo cable that was too short for the same reason and an oil pressure sending unit adapter that goes into the block that I forgot to pull off the 350 when I sold it.