I full and well realize that your question was in relation to the concept of "does this look old school enough?"

Yes maybe the house plumbing has worked for 10 years on your buddies car but how many miles a year does he drive and what distances?
I wouldn't trust it. And no it wasn't something that the hot lick guys did in the "old" days.
I could see using the copper as a pattern to have a shop that can bend the correct size stainless tubing bend up a set of stainless lines for the car.
The general concept in building a fuel line setup is to use the minimum of fittings and connections to lessen the chances of leaks.
The sediment bowls most likely will leak a bit over time. probably not enough to cause problems before you catch it though. My issue with them is that they just do not do a great job of filtering the fuel. As John said, they mostly caught the bigger particals.
We all like the rest of the stuff you have done with the engine. We can also understand that you don't like our comments even though they are more about safety and the health of the engine than appearance.
I do appreciate getting the vendor for the engine paint as the orange on the 292 I have for the 48 has to go. I want to start an uproar of a different sort when I do the late engine up to somewhat appear to be an early engine. Period correct engine paint, finned aluminum and no billet.

1948 Chev pickup.