OK, since if you have a cam with significantly more lift than a stock chevy six cam and stronger valve springs there seems to be a good chance of the lifters and/or cam lobes going bad with present oils, one answer seems to be the use of diesel engine oil, which I'm all for. However, I've noticed recently going through cam companies catalogs and websites that there are now lifters that deliver extra oil to the cam lobes. Has anyone out there tried them? Personally, I like the idea of a hydraulic roller cam for an inline six, but I've looked long and hard for anyone who makes a cam like that, and so far, I've found nothing along that line. Plenty of them for V8's, but nothing for inlines. I'm thinking about taking a flat tappet cam and having it reground with the lobes perpendicular to the cam axis (rather than tapered as a flat tappet cam lobe normally is) and seeing if I can use hydraulic roller lifters from a V8 cam kit. If it's possible to use roller lifters with a tie bar to keep them aligned, it might work. IF there's room to fit them into the lifter galleys in the block. Just one of my many random thoughts. Feel free to comment..........or tell me why it won't work. I'm sure someone else has to have thought of this, but I've never heard of anyone talking about it.

Formerly known as 64NovaWagon.