Fixed it today and she's running better than ever. I was missing what are called "insulators", rubber like grommets that fit into the cylinder head ports and then the tip of the fuel injector slides into them creating an air-tight seal as soon as you tighten the fuel rail. They also hold the injectors firmly in place. I had four king size vacuum leaks without them!!!!
I had taken the original head to a local machine shop where they disassembled it and gave me an estimate of $657 to rebuild it. I told them we did not have that kind of money and they charged me $70 for their evaluation and quote. I got the head back "naked" and all the loose parts were in a box. All except the injector "insulators" which they had removed and probably tossed in the trash. That's why I messed up. Anyway, I picked up four insulators at the dealership today for $3.44 each and bang, she started right up and is running great. I paid $399 for the rebuilt head I got from Nationl Cylinder Head and tomorrow I'll send them my core head. My son is absolutely thrilled and seeing his face light up tonight when he started her up made what had to be about forty hours of labor on my part worth every second.
Thanks for your help and quick responses.
Ken B