Yeah, I was kind of afraid that might be a problem, I figured I might have to put a heavier set of springs in them (the ones over the vacuum piston).

I am also considering EFI. I would just prefer something in there that looks like it could have been there in the '50s. I have a copy of Hot Rod Magazine from, I think April of '53 and there is a GMC on the cover with side draft mechanical injection that looks beautiful (to my eye anyway). I would just prefer it to look more mechanical than electronic. I have been toying with the idea of using a Pontiac Central Point (port?) Injection type setup with one solenoid to controll the fuel and use actual mechaincal injection nozzles for the injectors. Just an idea, would probably be a maintenance nightmare (not to mention a pain to get set up right). Then there's coming up with throttle bodies (been thinking of using the throttle bases off a Rochester or BXOV Stromberg). Of course this is all academic at this point, so I can have lots of crazy ideas and it doesn't cost me anything but a little time (unless I am actually crazy enough to try and build it). Just don't call the guys with the butterfly nets yet, okay?

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155