Ray,

You recently mentioned something about having experience with BMC engines, a while back. The last one I worked on was in about '62, so I'm not familiar with them. I was wondering if you could give me some advice?

I have an opportunity to buy the complete drive train from a Morris Minor, including the 1275cc engine, 4-sp transmission and rear differential, at a decent price. I have heard the engine run and drove the car around the block. There are no leaks, or unusual noises, and the engine, (with a Holley-Webber carb/after-market header, but no drastic modifications) is surprisingly peppy.

My plans are to maybe install the whole set-up in my Crosley coupe.....at a later date. (Will run the stock engine while I'm getting the suspension, brake and body work done)

I also have a Datsun 1200cc engine, with a 4-sp Transmission that I could use. Of course, I'd have to buy the Morris differential, because the Crosley has a very weak, torque-tube differential.

The Datsun engine will have to be rebuilt, but I could install and drive the car with the Morris engine, just like it is. Buying the BMC set-up would also be cheaper than rebuilding the Datsun.

So, which route would you go? Thanks ahead of time for your input. Dennis

Lord, let me live long enough to do all the projects I have planned!