Here's the update on my weekend of tranny swapping. BUYER BEWARE and check your stuff out before your leave.

I bought an WC T5 with electronic speedo cheap. Second gear was bad, turns out it was a broken shifter fork. I bought a NWC camaro V6 5 speed cheap to swap the tailshaft of the previous transmission. It had a crummy gear selection, but I can live with it. The WC tailhousing fit the NWC transmssion great, with the speedo drive hole in the same place as a NWC mechanical drive, except the WC electronic speedo drive hole is drilled at the wrong angle for a mechanical drive. Found another mechanical tailshaft that I bought for really cheap again, actually bought the whole tranny, cause the guy didn't want to do the work to yank the tailhousing. He said 5th gear was bad in it. Turns out it is a 4 speed with a 5 speed shifter and the tailhousing does not fit a 5 speed.

I'm still in this for less than $250, and I now have 2 good five speeds built from 2 5 speeds and a 4 speed, but I still need 2 S10 mechanical drive tailshafts to make these things work!!! I looked all day and can't find one anywhere.

Chris

[This message has been edited by inverse121 (edited 01-08-2002).]