I'm in the process of installing a t5 behind a 250. The t5 is out of a v-8 Firebird. I can't remember the year, but it's a NWC. The v-8 flywheel won't fit the 250 crankshaft (center hole and bolt circle are too small) and the v-8 bellhousing won't clear the 250 flywheel, so I'm using the 250 flywheel and bellhousing. The 250 bellhousing doesn't rotate the transmission 18 degrees like the Firebird housing. The good news is, the shifter is now vertical, so it doesn't need bending. The bad news is, the rear mounting pad isn't horizontal, so I need to use a wedge either between the trans and rubber mount, or between the rubber mount and the crossmember. Does it make any difference which? The bellhousing is the type that mounts to its crossmember, but I should probably still have a rear mount with an aluminum transmission.
Another question: On the left rear of the transmission is what appears to be another mount. It's a clamp that holds 2 pieces of rubber together with a w-shaped slot between them. What is it and do I need it?
Tilting the transmission changes the height of the oil level plug. Do I need to adjust for this (an elbow in the plug hole, perhaps) or is it close enough?
I read the article on the hybrid t-5, but I probably don't want a bench seat that badly. On the other hand, if there's a version of the t-5 that mounts the shifter directly on the top cover, then it wouldn't be necessary to change the tailshaft housing and speedo gear. Is there any such animal (Jeep application, maybe)?