Deac69
I think it depends what you like. If you like the automatic then go with an automatic with overdrive.
I like automatics in my family car, but that's me. I have a T5 in my 47/54 chevy. It's a 47 that has a 54 cab and front clip. It has the original 216 6 cylinder with that 5 speed and open drive line in it. I love the way it runs and I enjoy shifting the gears. I can leave my tires on the road if I want, but I take it easy. I will be runing down the road at about 40 -45 mph and shift into 5th and rpms are at around 1000. I like it so much that I got one from Tom Langdon and it is going into my 53 chevy wagon with a 373 rear gears and a 53 full pressure 235. I recently obtained a 3 speed OD out of a 57 chevy that is going into my 54 GMC and what I have heard alot of people like them. That is what I have and I like it but like I said it is a matter of what you like. Automatic or manual should be the big factor in your desision. If you go with an overdrive automatic or manual it should improve overall drivability.
Good luck and enjoy
Steve