it is the stock 3 speed od muncie; no syncro low transmission. I dont know the od ratio, but whatever the stock ratio is, thats it. uh I have a 235 right now but am going to be dropping in a stout 292 very soon, like 3-6 months, I am not looking for major acceleration in o.d., just to cruise on flat freeways. Mostly i am looking to lenghthen out all my straight gears and quiet the rear end dowm a little, the guy has 3.08 rears but this sounds too low for me, sounds like 3.40's might be the ticket huh, yeah I am not looking to climb hills in od, I can use straight third for that, which will climb at 65mph at about 3200 rpm, so the lower rearend will help that too as my motor gets great pull from 2000-3000, plus I am getting ready to load up to weber carbs to help power there too, so any other thoughts you guys have about maybe the installation or insight to good ratios. Like stated earlier though, the stock high rearend just sounds like it is going to fly apart because the rear end is so high and its spinning so much, thanks in advance.

you can lead people to truth, but you can't make them see it!