Not sure where else to post this, it's just a little useless bragging....
Kind of a nice day today, so I got the old Dodge Coupe out and took it out for a drive. My wife said she needed a few things at the store, so I said I'd get them, and took the long way, out a couple of nice country roads,, and back into town completely opposite to the side we live on.
Anyway, going back through town, I stopped at a light on a two-lane one way street that became two way only two blocks up. I was in the right lane, which was the through lane, and this new looking Subaru something or other SUV pulled up next to me in the left lane.
This particular locale is notorious for impromptu stoplight drags, becuase of the lane closure. Someone always wants to shoot past a line of traffic and get ahead, although in this case there was no "line of traffic" just me in my ole Dodge!
I really expected the guy to be planning a left turn at the next block, so he caught me a little by surprise when the light changed and he took off aggerssively.
To my surprise, the old girl had no trouble reeling him in, I sloughed the shift into second, so he started to gain a little, but when I managed to get it into gear, I once again had no trouble reeling him in. By the time I shifted to 3rd, he was running out of road, and I was just pulling ahead of him.
To be honest, I had to give it all the old Dodge could put out to do that, and there was a hell of a lot of racket in the process, I think I may have scared his wife and kids a little! I'm starting to think about some quieter mufflers!
Anyway, tomorrow, I'm gonna drop by a Subaru dealer and find out the specs on that thing. It looked like a brand new car, so they should have one on the floor I can ask about.
Can't wait to drive up in that old Dodge, and tell the salesman "I just blew the doors of one of those, how much horsepower do they have, and how much do they weigh?"
BTW, my Dodge is stock internally, with Fenton headers and dual Carter B&B carbs. I might be getting 140 hp out of it, but ot much more if even that much.