I think they flow directly in relation to what your head and engine may take,,, the clifford accepts many diff carbs via the different plates to buy,,, the offy comes setup (if its new) to use a square bore holley. some of the olders are modified for other carbs or you can build your own plate,(I did for a q-jet),, back to flow,, if your engine and head is setup for the flow,, higher compression, and head port work above the mild range the offy could be alittle choking,,,if your stock and mild porting the clifford could be alittle much, and sacrfice low end torque,,,the cam also has a voice, if its duration is higher than an off idle and up curve,, your looking for higher r's and need the flow,,so the engine should be ready to accept it..stock or a low duration is looking for torque(streetablity),, I think and have read many times on the board that the offys work well in that arrangment,, I think this is pretty accrurate info, but I am no prof..others I'm sure will reply,, you can also try a buzz to Tom Langdon,, is has a bevy of info,,,Larry Page on the perf. board has seen many diff. things too,, C-ya