hello... mmmm, well,The lumps cost more than $60.00 so again be careful what you believe after you read...also anybody can buy them and bolt them in-that will help performance DRAMATICALLY-but to get REAL performance more than just bolting them in is needed.... PES has helped me understand the full concept of what can be done to a head and how to reach flow #'s as high as any published #'s- I have built these heads that flow 255 cfm's @ just .650 lift and didnt have all the modifications done to them!!!!!!.....Its amazing what good info is here and what info is bad here.....but again you have a great project and have fun!!!!....these engines have been around for years -since 1963....thats 41 years....keep talking to as many as you can about these engines-try older engine builders-they know what will work and wont work.....its amazing how many people have enjoyed these engines and enjoy sharing what can save you time and $$$ in the long run....biggest thing i have learned in that you need to match your cam to compression ratio and match head flow to cam....this is basic physics about airflow- a big cam and no airflow is not a very good thing just a a good flowing head and a small cam is not a very good thing...Plan ,plan ,plan....

As far as Clifford runners are concerned, by dividing the runners you will create more airflow speed-this is good for low and mid power but hurts mid to upper power-just use a Offenhauser manifold-again what is your goal and how much $$/budget do you have?-it seems us guys seem to think we can just spend $$$ on this stuff and "Do it Better" than those before us-mmmmmmmm, think again-go search out those who did it for street and racing-they know what works-I have learned SOOOO much from older engine builders-coast to coast- about the myths of these engines and from my own personal experience....its exciting to see more interested as yourself about these engines...at this point i have gathered TONS of info and knowledge from the engine builders and my experience and wish i had had guidance years ago-there are some things that work great and some things that sound good but dont work...Biggest MYTH is cam design "Especially for Inline 6's"-Wow that could be a whole book!!!!!LOL.....I continue to find more older engine builders who had $$$$ to spend in th 60's and 70's and know where to spend $$ on these engines...be careful what most modern engine rebuild companies say about these engines-they never understood them- search out those who can help for sake of helping and not just "doing business as usual"....and remember the 292 cost the same to rebuild but has 42 more cubic inches and MUCH more torque-or course you may not have a 292 engine to rebuild, but if you had/have a chance to have both 250 and 292 you would understand-but Its ALL Fun anyway!!!!! let us know if we can help more and you have a great plan !!!!Just keep it Inline and dont be fooled.....

Sincerely
Lee

[This message has been edited by LeeLites (edited 01-10-2004).]