Lee,

My 406 SBC that is now injected started with a full head port on world products castings - they started as 190 cc intake runners and now are at 210-215 cc.
It orignally had a holley 750 DP, for raw power is was fine - but crapy fuel economy at part throttle. Once it was injected I picked up 35 ft-lbs of torque and 20 hp below 3500 rpm at the rear wheels. I have the mustang dyno runs logged.

So overall performance its hard for me to justify running a carb anymore.

Yes EFI takes more effort to install and tune but its worth it. It is frustrating at times yes, but the ease of tuning from the drivers seat is un-matched, no more pulling carb bowls off and dripping gas over a hot manifold while changing jets. It does take determination to get through the inital startup.

Take a look at www.msefi.com and see how many people have changed over. Even Car Craft ran an article on it last year.

Will there be a place for carbs - yes, if I was building a vehicle that had to be able to be fixed in the sahara desert - a carb and points ignition is hard to beat for simplicity ( and yes I still own a dwell-tach).

Just my 2 cents.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them