The reason NASCAR is still running carburetors is because the rule book for Cup cars states single 4 barrel carb only. It also states no computers.
Those two small items eliminate the use of fuel injection of any kind whether mechanical or electronic. NASCAR limits the age of the body style so fans are looking at up to date body styles but their engine rules are still stuck back in the 50's.

Under steady operating conditions like 500 miles at Daytona it probably doesn't mean a lot which type of fuel system you have but if carbs produced a perfect mixture under every possible engine condition then Formula 1 cars would still be running carbs I would think.

I'm old school and will probably always run carbs on my engines but I am also beginning to understand what computerised fuel management systems are all about and the advantages they offer over carburetors. Not exactly my type of car but I do pay attention to all those little Tuner buzz bombs that are running in the 7's and 8's at the strip. Something I have noticed is not one of them runs a carburetor yet they seem to produce an over abundance of raw horsepower.
Maybe its the ceremonial Saki toast before the races that makes them go that quick. \:\)

Mike

Mike G #4355