Well I finally got my computer problems resolved, (I hope). Got it set to run the engine stand alone. Now I've sent my harness out to Speartech to have it trimmed out.

Now I've got to solve transmission issues. The 4200 only comes from the factory with and automatic. I'm going to use an NV4500 5 speed. So I've got to find a flywheel and bell housing.

Bell housing: The 4200 has the same bell housing bolt pattern as the GM 60deg V-6 as well as the Jeep 151 4cyl. I'm planning on going with the Jeep bell housing since Advance Adapters makes an adapter to mate the NV4500 to this bell housing.

Flywheel: The 4200 uses a 160 tooth flex plate. The Vortec I-4 and I-5 also use a 160 tooth design and they are offered with a manual trans. Unfortunatly GM has a different crank flange on these two engines. So, I've sent my Vortec 2800 I-4 flywheel out to the machine shop. Some other flywheels to consider would be Buick V-6 & V-8 flywheels, all 160 tooth, but still need the center hole & bolt pattern for the crank changed.

Oil pan: The 4200 is cast aluminum with a front sump. My 4X4 needs a rear sump. So I've been checking with fabricators to see if we can cut and weld to move the sump to the rear. Too bad GM didn't make the pan symetrical, then all I would have to do is turn it around. I still may try this approach since it is quite close.

I'll try to post some photo's when I get a chance.