Man, I screwed that one!

Funny thing is, I thought I was quoting your post from Jeeps-offroad,(from memory, my printout of that forum was at home). I got home from work last night and looked at my notes only to realize just about everything I posted was wrong.

Funny thing is, I never made the connection that you are the same guy on both these sites. I'll tell you one thing. The info on that Jeep site is the best I've ever seen when it comes to trannies & bell housings, (the Fiero guys have some good info too).

I also checked my addapter. It is the AX-15 to NV-4500. So once again, thanks for the accurate info. I ordered that back when I first found your post. (Glad I didn't do that from memory).

The only thing I really surprises me is that none of the 60deg bell housing bolt holes would line up. I was advised that, one hole would have to be redrilled, and the starter hump relocated, (this was straight from GM sources).

Now, a few questions on the NV-4500. My truck has a divorced transfer case, (NP-200) I'm looking for the shortest NV-4500 out there. I also need it to be a two wheel drive unit. Right now I've got a rebuildable Chevy 2wd unit.

However, there is a modified, (shortened) trans on E-Bay. Guy says it's for a Toyota Land Cruiser swap. Do you know anything about this modification? Seems the Jeep CJ-5 guys could use a shortened version as well.

Also, using the Vortec 3500 bell with the AX-15 adapter, do you know if the Dodge input shaft would be a direct bolt in,(like on a Jeep), or should I stick with the shorter Chevy input and use an extended pilot?

PS. I'm placing the Jeep site in my favorites as we speak.

Thanks again!