Quote:
Originally posted by milnersXcoupe:
Cajun, ........... don't mess with perfection.

When you go to get the DOHC VVT I-6 LL8 4200, try www.car-parts.com for starters.

Pick the year - 2006 has MAF - find the yard that has it for the '*Nice Price* - contact them, and tell them this is for a Project, and you need everything - Alternator - Wire Harness - ECM - Acc. Pedal and attatchments with nuts / bolts / screws / flat washers in Baggies - you can figure out what goes where later, and ask for the price.

Get everything you can STOCK the first shot - and forget 'Customizing' - get all the parts from the Donor to transfer to your Vehicle : STOCK .

As to a flywheel - the lighter flywheel will spin up the engine quicker - better 'Blip Factor' .

Once it is in - you can then think about Turbos - or 'locked camshafts' or custom ECMs - or Carbs & Cables - but...:

You want this as Stock as possible to get the transfer over with & THEN you can see what you have.

IF you want to Turbo the engine before installing it > and have the Time and Money > contact GM and find which 2MM shorter Forged Con. Rods they used for the Turbo 4200. I believe I read that they used ROSS pistons. Use Turbo Wrist Pins with Teflon Buttons to avoid having the spring clips break or pop out > freaky but it does happen.

Venolia is another source for Turbo Pistons.

For a Stick Trans engine - lighter is better as to Pistons and Venolia is the best.

While the engine is apart > have the clutch / pressure plate / flywheel / crankshaft / rods / pistons Kpl. / front pully & balancer :

=Dynamicly Balanced=.

Running 9 to 1 pistons will allow you to use higher boost > plan on a custom Intercooler, do research on production intercoolers to save money, FORD POWERSTROKE comes to mind, but lurk on jyturbo@yahoogroups.com for more info.

Keep the VVT, as the ECM will adjust the cams to match the boost - you don't want to defeat the engines engineering.

The 2006 engine is 290HP stock.

Putting 6lbs. Boost on it will put you close to 375 / 390 HP with STOCK internals.

Since you want to use a Standard Transmission, each time you lift from the gas, you'll lose Boost and the Turbo will spool down - you don't want a Turbo Engine for a Stick Trans.

A belt Driven Supercharger would be much better for your application as when you kick the RPM back up to match your Gear > you'll have Boost 'Right Now' - since the blower is tied to the crank.

Whipple is one company that uses the 'Auto-Rotor' Screw Type supercharger - which is what I recommend you find a way to get mounted and installed on a 2006 LL8 backed by a Stick Trans.

Auto-Rotor is Swedish or Swiss - do a Google.com search, be prepared to hunt as the Company Site has moved around - great site - but difficult to find - might be under a secondary name , so be prepared to try all variables.

If you're going 'Blown' > build the engine with the Rods / Pistons / Balance > and shoot for 550 / 600 HP.

That will make it all worth while ;\)
so I use the stock throttle body, thats what I needed to know. Im not trying to turbo the motor from the start, gotta have something to look forward to.

What flywheel do I use for a manual? I read somewhere in here theres a post with part numbers, but I did a search and found nothing. From what I read the stock one will not work, and one from a colorado canyon will not work either...

I dont see how Im going to loose boost during shifts if I have a blow off valve...because everytime I shift the BOV pops, pressure gets release, and when the pressure drops in the intake it closes again and the turbo will still be spool up and boost will be right back...