Hi Ed . . .

I am going with a fairly rare piece; the 2nd design Edmunds 2 deuce for the Chevy Standard. It is designed to fit the Stromberg 97/Holley 94:
These carbs are alot easier to come by then the one barrel BXOVs.

Its a very well made manifold with a split plenum to provide good balance to the center port. Most log manifolds (like the Offys) are rich to the center port and lean on the ends - this makes tuning a bit of a balancing act.

This 2nd design over came the problems with the 1st design - which was a bit primitive looking and had brass tubes feeding a water heated 'hot spot' that would corrode and leak. The newer design is much more attactive and has a cast in water jacket that extends under both carbs with NPT threaded inlets.

I have heard that these can be modified to fit on the later 235 engines (by reaming the three exit ports to a larger diameter). They are rare but around. In fact there is one on ebay right now Edmunds Two Deuce

As for fitting a trip - the old speed manuals show that it is only effective for the very top end of the RPM range - and that the biggest bang for the buck comes from a 'two jugger'. But indeed a triple looks awesome! If you go this path you'll want to go for the smallest venturi you can get your hands on - because at most of the operating range you'll be over carbed. Zenith's would be a good choice in this regard - but I don't know where to find them.

regards,
stock49

[Linked Image from 49fastback.com]